Author Topic: New community game  (Read 20402 times)

Offline Panopticon (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: New community game
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 09:17:01 AM »
Claim a planet, it will come pre terraformed for your convenience, or, if you don't pick a one that can be brought to cost zero, You'll get free infrastructure or massive orbital habitats for your pop, with all the limitations that go with.

Earth is off limits though, there has been an.... accident and it is not a healthy place to live anymore. There might be something cool there though.

Offline Ektoras

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 11:50:25 AM »
Syblight's and Ektoras faction (faction will be named properly soon) claims Ganymede for home world.
We draw strength from the majestic Jupiter that fills our sky every day.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:04:27 PM by Ektoras »

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 01:17:54 PM »
Sematary, would you want to be on a team?

EDIT: Also, since Earth is off limits, does that mean Luna is as well? And if Sublight ad Ektoras claimed a Jupiter moon, are we still free to claim another Jupiter moon?

Offline Panopticon (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • P
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
Luna is not exactly off limits, but it has no TN mineral deposits.

Offline 3_14159

• Registered
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • ?
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
I'm away for five days, and a game starts...  :P

Registering my interest for the game.

Also, a question: Do you (manually) have enough jump points for every faction, or do you plan having competition between factions over them?

Offline Panopticon (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • P
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 12:57:12 PM »
That is for me to know and you to find out in exploration.

We have enough factions currently, so if you'd like in then sign on with one of the existing ones.

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »
Sematary, would you want to be on a team?

EDIT: Also, since Earth is off limits, does that mean Luna is as well? And if Sublight ad Ektoras claimed a Jupiter moon, are we still free to claim another Jupiter moon?

Sure. Though I'd like to claim Mars.

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 11:12:35 PM »
Looks like I should check this forum more than once per week. I'd also like to join.

Are you interested in teaming up Pi? I can promise excellent military advice.

On the rules... Fast OB creation gives missiles/fuel for free. Are you going to account for that? How are you pricing shipyards? Any RP penalty for trading away research facilities? I assume you can't trade facilities for RP/BP or vice versa? As far as "free" component research goes, I assume size 50 sensors would get vetoed? Will we get told what our mineral/scientist/civadmin situation looks like before making these decisions?

Any restrictions on trading between factions?
Answer?

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 01:40:34 AM »
Sure. Though I'd like to claim Mars.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Sematary and Cripes would like to claim Mars. Empire name pending.

Offline 3_14159

• Registered
  • ?
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 02:12:53 AM »
We have enough factions currently, so if you'd like in then sign on with one of the existing ones.
That was my original plan, though with Cripes and Sematary merging, I believe we are at three factions. If so, I'll gladly found one with Nightstar.

Are you interested in teaming up Pi? I can promise excellent military advice.
Gladly. I can offer you excellent bad strange spectacular decisions.

Another question on the rules: Are we allowed to start with JP technology? If so, are we also allowed to start with grav scouts in our OOB?
Oh, and how about geo survey? Is Sol completely surveyed?

Will we get told what our mineral/scientist/civadmin situation looks like before making these decisions?
Seconded.

Offline Panopticon (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • P
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 12:32:05 PM »
Fine, I'll give you guys the mineral/scientist info before you make decisions, that will happen as soon as factions are nailed down. You can start with JP theory if you like, but keep in mind it is a pretty big chunk of your initial RP. You will not be able to start with the JPs surveyed though you will be able to have a grav survey ship or two at the start, assuming you can afford one.

As for fast OB creation giving stuff for free, I will account for that by ignoring it for the most part, but obvious attempts to game the system by using your entire allocation on huge tankers or colliers will be frowned upon, and you will be asked to submit a bit more of a balanced fleet.

By the same token you should make your component requests reasonable, I'll just pick the semi-arbitrary number of 500rp being the largest at game start that you get for free. Exceptions might be made if you can argue it with me and it won't unbalance things.

I am pricing all installations on their wealth cost, shipyards I think are 2400 base, and if I recall correctly tonnage increases are costed at one for one. Not sure about extra slips, but the tables are somewhere on this site or the wiki.

Tech trades are permitted, however you will need to send a ship physically to your trade partners homeworld to make the swap safely, you can transmit it electronically if you prefer, but then i will give the other empires a chance to intercept if there is a ship, colony, or listening post in between you and your recipient. This will encourage you to build listening posts despite not needing the passive sensor coverage.

The default espionage rules are in effect because I like them and they don't require a lot out of me.

Someone asked about if they could have one of Jupiter's moons even though another faction already grabbed one, the answer is sure, just be aware that puts you pretty close to someone who might be touchy about it. Possible consequences include being easily within active sensor range, also missiles from PDC's might be able to range you with no effort.

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 01:27:58 PM »
Thanks to a little birdie poking me... I'd like to express my interest here. If Pi is right with the number of factions, I'm torn between claiming one for myself and seeing if he and Nightstar wouldn't mind a third.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »
Tech trades are permitted, however you will need to send a ship physically to your trade partners homeworld to make the swap safely, you can transmit it electronically if you prefer, but then i will give the other empires a chance to intercept if there is a ship, colony, or listening post in between you and your recipient. This will encourage you to build listening posts despite not needing the passive sensor coverage.

Are you going to do anything about tech integration, like the other empire is required to research it for a bit before they truly understand it? For example, make one research lab do nothing for a month under the guise that it is "researching the blueprints from the recent technology trade." This might makes things a little more micromanagey which would hurt the game.

Offline 3_14159

• Registered
  • ?
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 03:08:09 PM »
Thanks to a little birdie poking me... I'd like to express my interest here. If Pi is right with the number of factions, I'm torn between claiming one for myself and seeing if he and Nightstar wouldn't mind a third.

I myself wouldn't mind.

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 03:14:57 PM »
I wouldn't object either.

Welcome to the team I guess?