Author Topic: Distant Mining Question  (Read 1148 times)

Offline monkey (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • m
Distant Mining Question
« on: January 20, 2010, 11:44:27 AM »
Hi Everybody :-) I then disbanded the team when done and then later one reformed the team the following month on Titania so they were an Earth based team one day and an off planet team the next without moving there if you see what I mean.

Offline Canaris

• Petty Officer
Re: Distant Mining Question
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »
Quote from: "monkey"
Hi Everybody :-) I then disbanded the team when done and then later one reformed the team the following month on Titania so they were an Earth based team one day and an off planet team the next without moving there if you see what I mean.

No, it's not an exploit. Working as intended as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Typo.
"Fairytales do not tell children that monsters exist, children already know they exist. Fairytales tell children that monsters can be killed."

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 02:38:16 PM »
Quote from: "Canaris"
Quote from: "monkey"

I also wondered whether I have found an exploit with GeoSurvey Teams as I formed one on Earth where they discovered an extra 200k tons of Duranium :-)

In the case that you mentioned, I tend to form my teams on Earth, not paying attention to current officer locations, then send a ship to transport them to the colony.  I wouldn't utilize the exploit you found.  On the other hand, I merrily teleport my governors back and forth between my colonies, without worrying about the realities of travel times.

All that being said, what I think Steve _is_ interested in is situations where you're trying to play by the strict rules, and Aurora doesn't warn you when you're about to break them.  For example I think the "lock" button on the F5 (class design) screen came about because it was just too easy to accidentally change a design once you'd put it into production.  So if you find situations like this, please ask about them here as you did - it might actually be a bug.

John

Offline monkey (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 02:14:38 PM »
Cheers guys :-)
Those are fascinating insights into the game and they just make it all the more rewarding and interesting.
In my view I don't see the governors of mining colonies at the colonies all alone but based on Earth at an office, sitting behind large desk pondering where they will sending the automated mines to each day and entering new coordinates for them to move to on their tracks like that giant Saturn 5 crawler at Cape Canaveral