Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Din182 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
2 questions
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:16:04 PM »
1. How do I tell if my geology team is doing anything? It's been sitting on the same comet for months with nothing happening.
2. How do I get my civvie ships to do anything? I got a colony on mars that could use the freighters moving back and forth, but they're just sitting there.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:41:30 PM »
1. They can go quite a while between results, just be patient. If there's nothing more to find it will give you a warning about it in the events window.

2. You can make civilian shipping orders from the "Civilians / Ind Status" tab in the economics window. As far as I know, the orders have to be matching pairs (so you would have to make 2 supply orders of 50 mines to fill 2 demand orders of 50, rather than 1 supply order of 100 to fill them both). Civvies can only ship installations as far as I'm aware, but their colony ships will automatically pick up colonists and drop them off on your colony worlds. Any mineral/component movement you have to use your own freighters for.

Offline wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • w
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »
Quote from: Din182 link=topic=4097. msg39979#msg39979 date=1316488564
1.  How do I tell if my geology team is doing anything? It's been sitting on the same comet for months with nothing happening.

I've noticed that sometimes they'll go for a long stretch with nothing happening.   I had a team on Mercury for a few years with no messages.   Finally got sick of it and moved them to Venus and received some updates with a few weeks.   Stuck them back on Mercury when Venus was done and they quickly found some new minerals.

Also, it's been reported on here and I've noticed it a few times as well, but very low gravity bodies (moons, comets, asteroids) seem to take a lot longer on average than regular planets.   

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:19 PM »
one last thing if a team has less than 5 members (usually due to random retirement/death) they will not do their teams duty.  I last had this in 5.20 so it could have changed.

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 09:58:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've had teams with less than 5 members do their work in the latest version (just downloaded a week or two ago, I'm new).

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 01:06:57 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've had teams with less than 5 members do their work in the latest version (just downloaded a week or two ago, I'm new).
Same here. When I wanted to give some medals to my best geo team, one appeared to have died or so.

Offline sowelu

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 07:49:42 PM »
Can my geo teams find resources on a body which originally came up empty from orbital scans?

Offline wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • w
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »
Yes they can, it's a good place for them to practice since they're not going to be risking tapping out a world with high availabilities of minerals.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 04:12:02 AM »
one last thing if a team has less than 5 members (usually due to random retirement/death) they will not do their teams duty.  I last had this in 5.20 so it could have changed.

No, they'll still do their jobs just fine with less than a full compliment.  Of course, their rating in the respective field will be lower (thanks to the missing member(s)) but a team of four Survey 25% officers will be functionally equivalent to five Survey 20%.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 04:14:11 AM »
1. How do I tell if my geology team is doing anything? It's been sitting on the same comet for months with nothing happening.

Due to the way the math works, the 'frequency of results' will be inversely proportional to the mass of the system body being surveyed.  So a 1G planet will get done a LOT faster than a 0.003 G asteroid.

Offline Antagonist

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 04:22:27 PM »
Wait, so if I want to train my geology team I should do it on the highest G planets I can?  Hmm, that can be useful.