Author Topic: Hunting down an NPR  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Beaker (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
Hunting down an NPR
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »
The one NPR I've encountered has been attacked by the swarm and lost the only colony of theirs I was aware of.   However, they still appear in the intelligence window and my diplomatic rating with them continues to increase.  Is there some easy way to tell if they have other colonies out there, and if so where? I've never received any trade ships from them so I can't just follow.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Hunting down an NPR
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »
Explore lots. Wipe the spoiler from that system, then branch out along the JP lines. You'll find them someplace.

Offline Beaker (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 11:23:53 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=7853. msg79915#msg79915 date=1437772246
Explore lots.  Wipe the spoiler from that system, then branch out along the JP lines.  You'll find them someplace.

If they've been completely wiped out, will they disappear from the intelligence screen?

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 11:47:31 AM »
I investigated this in a new game. I created a human empire, jumped into an adjacent system, then SMed in a new player controlled empire in the new system. The humans saw the new empire and jumped back to Sol. I then SMed in another player race and had them conquer the first race, unseen by the humans.

After the conquest, the humans still had an entry on the intelligence screen for the conquered empire. I jumped their ship back in, they encountered the new conqueror empire, and despite the absence of the old conquered empire, the human intelligence screen still listed them as well.

From this I conclude that the continued presence of an empire on the intelligence screen is not sufficient proof that the empire still exists with active populations. Of course, I didn't do this with computer controlled NPRs, so maybe NPRs do autoprune from the intelligence screen.