Author Topic: Missile Design Spreadsheets v6.00+  (Read 2880 times)

Offline linkxsc (OP)

• Commander
Missile Design Spreadsheets v6.00+
« on: September 04, 2015, 12:31:45 AM »
So here I am, taking a stab at this game again. Sending my empire of loli pirates into a war against some very angry denizens of a disturbed ruin ( i guess, I didn't disturb it. It wasn't me)
So the gearing up begins, Make some ships, make some missiles..... wait wasn't there a missile design spreadsheet bumping around the forums here somewhere.
~20 mins of searching later.
Well its not too hard to find Paul's spreadsheet for designing missiles in pre 6.00 aurora,
Code: [Select]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TaQzsOn18ur8YfR8zLCuvHdx9ptJRvyiaeX-1ug3HNE/edit?authkey=CImjy-8G&hl=en&hl=en&authkey=CImjy-8G#gid=2but for the life of me I can't find one set up for the newer versions of the game. So i decided to make 1.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S1zWjEYWiEgXOaCsw4Y5d1katOotd9S_baIAB2ISGUY/edit#gid=1097444317

Simple enough to use, Top left corner, you apply numbers for whatever the missile's given role.
Second set of boxes is for your engine techs themselves gotten off engine design window, and agility/msp on missile window

Best used for finding engine/fuel/maneuver combos for set ranges.
Working through target speed however can net you either fast short range missiles better for penetrating defenses, or the longest range missile possible at that size and tech level.

If anyone does give the thing a shot, if you notice any glaring discrepancies between specs shown in the missile design window VS table outputs, I'll be more than happy to fix them. Only checked it verses a half dozen previous missile designs. It might start having errors with max tech missiles in particular.
I do plan on getting rid of all the extra math columns in the next couple days(they were just there to crosscheck myself while entering equations), and I'll eventually go through and give it a whole workover for Sensor missiles, armored, multi engine, and perhaps a MIRV section.

The following users thanked this post: Havan_IronOak

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Missile Design Spreadsheets v6.00+
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 09:40:24 AM »
Looking good so far. This is a really nice tool to help those new at the game. Maybe a little more explanation for those who wouldn't understand what the statistics mean/do. Be sure to include the information that an easy way to get a amm warhead is to divide 1 by your warhead damage per msp. So an 8 damage per msp would look like this 1/8 = 0.125 (use the 0.125 as your warhead msp to be the most efficient at that tech). You can also do that for any damage you wish to do. want 9 damage, do 9/8 = 1.125, 3/8= 0.375, etc. This works for any tech level to be the most efficient.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:02:20 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.