Author Topic: Do Xeno teams start work as soon as they touch down on the planet?  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
Specifically, do they do it automatically or is there a way to make them do it?

EDIT: Gravedigging some old posts scored me the answer, thanks to you 2 random people that viewed the topic.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:26:02 AM by Jacob/Lee »

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
Wait, smeg, how am I supposed to move engineer brigades? I don't have anything big enough to hold the entire formation.

Offline Tarran

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Brigade=2-5 Battalions. And since the game tends to do multiples of 4, I'd assume you'd need 4 Battalion bays. Can't remember completely, but I'm pretty sure it requires quite a few Transport Bays (I.e more than one each) to carry them.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
I'm reasonably certain its 5's.  Engineers are a fairly special case, they can't be split up.  I just built an Engineering Corps transport vessel.  Mostly engine and 25 engineering bays to move them in groups of five.  Its civilian, which is a lifesaver for maintenance.  For roleplaying purposes, it unloads slowly.  No need for it to go so fast but the empires gettin' large these days.

Code: [Select]
Corps of Engineers Transport class Troop Transport    97,300 tons     956 Crew     4464.5 BP      TCS 1946  TH 10000  EM 0
5138 km/s     Armour 4-188     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Maint Capacity 29 MSP    Max Repair 100 MSP
Troop Capacity: 25 Battalions    Cargo Handling Multiplier 5    

Commercial ICF Drive (25)    Power 400    Fuel Use 5%    Signature 400    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 600,000 Litres    Range 222.0 billion km   (500 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:51:08 AM by Thiosk »

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Yep, you need 5 battalion bays for an engineering brigade.

Hint:
Open the Population and Productions window (F2)
Open the "GU Training" Tab
Down, where you select which type of troop to train, is also listed the size of the unit
All regular battalions are size 5 (which is also the room a battalion bay offers), Engineers size is 25, marine companies are size 1 and conventional divisions are size 50
Ralph Hoenig, Germany