Author Topic: Capture questions  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Lightning (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
Capture questions
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
If I capture a ship via boarding action, how do I crew the ship? Or do the troops become the crew?

Since it looks like you cant capture a shipyard via boarding action, if I capture a planet via ground action, do I capture the Shipyards as well? If so, how bout the ships being built?

Planning so major ops against these evil aliens and trying to get a grip on these points before I head in.

Thanks in advance

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Capture questions
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:07:23 AM »
Yeah, the marines become the prize crew, AFAIK.

Yes, when the population surrenders, the SYs become yours. Not sure what happens to the ships under construction - they probably become yours as well.

Do note that even when the last planet of an alien empire surrenders, some of their ships might not.

Offline Lightning (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »

Yes, when the population surrenders, the SYs become yours. Not sure what happens to the ships under construction - they probably become yours as well.

Do note that even when the last planet of an alien empire surrenders, some of their ships might not.

This was the impression I was getting from what I had been looking at, but had not seen anything concrete. If there was no way to get the SY's, they became a high priority target if things started to turn sour on the attack.

As for the ships under construction... well... I was hoped they would get captured, but could completely see it not working that way as well.

If any of their other ships dont surrender, no big deal... With their Homeworld gone, the resistance is effectively broken anyways :)

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:48:01 PM »
If any of their other ships dont surrender, no big deal... With their Homeworld gone, the resistance is effectively broken anyways :)

*Several years later*
New Hostile Contact times 59 in the Alien Homeworld System
*several minutes later*
Strength 16 Nuclear Detonation detected times 279

;)

Offline DatAlien

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:31:39 AM »
No, but Ships don't need Crew at the moment so the Ship will function without any Crew.
Per se ad astra