Author Topic: Finding an NPR system?  (Read 1673 times)

Offline kmod (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
Finding an NPR system?
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:21:49 AM »
My (v6.  2) game has gotten into an annoying loop where, even though I set it to auto 5-day turns, the turn lengths follow this cycle:
1 day
1 day
1:30
1:00

Needless to say, it's annoying that I have to go through 16 time increments to get my 5-day turn -- but I understand that this is all part of the game (the SM log is talking about ships being in firing range or two NPRs fighting), so I didn't think too much of it. 

A few game years later, this is still happening :(  I was about to give up on the game, until I pressed the "Text File" button on the event log to get something I could post to the forums, and I discovered that there's much more information in there than "Increment length adjusted due to imminent action".    It looks like an NPR and a spoiler race are engaged in an epic, multi-year war in the "Fazio" system, where every 2:00:06:30, the NPR does 1 point of damage to the spoiler race.    While it's cool to give a backstory to how something like this could come about, I'd like to be able to go to that system and pick off some of the ships (or even just delete the entire NPR) so that I don't have to abandon the game. 

So my question is, what are my options here?  I can see that there are a few dozen systems of the form "System N" in the "Change Jump Point Destination" dropdown; do I need to just try all of those until I find it?  I've tried exploring everything in my local neighborhood but that didn't seem to do much :/  Any help would be much appreciated!

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
Re: Finding an NPR system?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 06:01:44 PM »
Oooh, I had no idea about the text file option ... I'll have to check that out!