Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 94748 times)

Offline ComradeMicha

• Chief Petty Officer
  • King of the Mushroom Cloud
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2014, 03:36:29 PM »
Hi, 40 years into my 6.40 campaign I am experiencing a severe Uridium shortage. I get numerous event messages every 5 days "Mineral Shortage (Uridium) prevents regular maintenance of Ship xyz at Earth".

Then I trained six ground unit battalions, namely AST. I renamed all of them, the last to be renamed was then called "14. Sturminfanterie-Bataillon "Hexentanz"". Now I get the following event messages every five days:
"Mineral Shortage (Uridium) prevents regular maintenance of Ship xyz at 14. Sturminfanterie-Bataillon "Hexentanz"."

The only other thing I did in between both turns was ordering another six battalions trained and renamed the assault infantry class to "Sturminfantrie-Bataillon".

EDIT:
Okay guys, walk away from here, there's nothing to be seen!
(It appears I have clicked the wrong "rename" button in the ground forces menu. :p)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:54:41 PM by ComradeMicha »
"Those who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.  " - Sir Isaac Asimov

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #256 on: September 03, 2014, 06:08:20 AM »
Aurora 6.43
Game started in 2025, Player plus 3 NPRs started on Earth. Now 2062 and while the surviving NPRs have researched internal confinement fusion drives they are still using ion and magneto-plasma drives respectively, which they started the game with. They have not updated any designs or other tech including missiles.

In addition the difficulty modifier does not appear to apply to further NPRs discovered by the Earth-based NPRs. One such NPR started with ion drives when the discovering race had magneto-plasma drives.

Regards
Ian
IanD

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #257 on: September 03, 2014, 06:57:26 AM »
Aurora 6.43  

Further to Se5a's post 192 of 7/7/14 , I too have just received the message :
Error : WPLink not found in Getwarppointdata , This was followed by Error in DisplayWP. Error 5 was generated by Aurora.  Invalid Procedure call or argument.

This happened at the end on a normal turn when I refreshed the Galactic Map and the spamming of error messages commenced. Looking at the Galactic Map I notice that there is a new unexplored ( by me ) system which has attached itself by JP's to a an explored system which I had assumed was a dead end (only 1 JP found by me when explored ). The Event Log advises that this previously unknown was advised to me by a NPR with whom I am on friendly terms ( Geo and Grav data shared )

Steve : If you read this post please note that in your post no 269 dated 29/5/11 in the Official v5.42 Bugs thread you state that you had found this bug and had changed the code to fix it. It appears that the bug has resurfaced in V6.43 and requires further coding.

DavidR

PS : The messages now appear each time I access the Galactic Map - does anyone have a solution to prevent these messages , other than reinstalling a previous save game and hoping that the NPR does not advise me of the new system again.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:21:46 AM by davidr »

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #258 on: September 03, 2014, 04:16:33 PM »
Aurora 6.43  

PS : The messages now appear each time I access the Galactic Map - does anyone have a solution to prevent these messages , other than reinstalling a previous save game and hoping that the NPR does not advise me of the new system again.
David, you might try going into sm mode, bringing up the system display (F9) screen and go to the jump point tab.  Starting at a system you definitely surveyed use the enter/explore button and follow the chain to the system the npr told you about.  You could also try to reset the jp link in the same place.  First check out which system the jump point is connecting to, and the destination jump point.  Then use select the jump point, use the break link button and then reselect the jump point and use the connect jp button to reestablish the link.  A third item you may or may not need to do is to resurvey the system.  You can do this with the sm mode on the system tab (F9) screen.  The button is at the bottom left section of buttons.

I would recommend making a backup before trying any of these.  I vaguely remember having a problem like this several years ago, and one of these took care of the problem.  I just can't remember which it was.  I think I would try to resurvey the system first as that is the easiest to do, and may need to be done before the others are tried.

Brian

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #259 on: September 04, 2014, 01:35:42 AM »
Brian,

Thanks,

Yes , I have commenced a resurvey of the previous dead-end system after using SM mode to revert to a non-surveyed state so will see what happens.  I have also noticed that on the Galactic Map in "warp point data mode" in the left hand information box ,  that the new system shows 2 unexplored WP's and a known WP to another system , known to me but as yet unexplored.

I will be sending survey ships out to this system to investigate and hopefully clear the spamming error messages which appear every time I use the Galactic Map.

DavidR

PS. Weird happening - the resurveying of the dead end system failed to find any further JP's. However I managed to find the errant system by entering though another known but unsurveyed system. As soon as this happened the error spamming stopped. However the link between the dead end system and the the previously unknown system disappeared - there never was a hidden JP in this system , unless I still have to discover it by some other means.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:50:34 AM by davidr »

Offline DuraniumCowboy

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #260 on: September 04, 2014, 05:40:51 AM »
Steve et al, not sure if this has been noticed yet, but playing 6.43.  If I use tech data to get enough points to finish an existing project, I lose the scientist working on the project.

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #261 on: September 04, 2014, 07:02:05 AM »
Not sure if it is a bug, I got Active Sensor Strength 36 from an ally, while I was still at 21, skipping 28. I can still research 28 as well as 48, but there is of course no point in that, so I think I should get the skipped tech as well.
On the same note as DuraniumCowboy, getting tech from other sources does not remove them from the queue, the projects still started.

Offline DuraniumCowboy

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #262 on: September 04, 2014, 02:06:27 PM »
BTW, an update.  I started thinking back to my db programming days and wondered if my scientist really was gone (see comment above).  I looked on the "Officer Corps" tab and sure enough, my missing scientist was sitting their listed unassigned, while not showing up on the research tab.  I forced an assignment change by putting him on an espionage team, then disbanding it and sure enough, he was back on the research tab, ready to get to work building bad ass weaponry for the defense of our glorious empire.

Offline hyramgraff

• Chief Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #263 on: September 04, 2014, 02:17:25 PM »
In my current campaign, I am playing with the jump gates on all jump points option turned on but I just found a jump point where one of the two sides wasn't created with a jump gate.

System A was fully grav surveyed and I had explored all the discovered jump points.   When I had finished a full grav survey of system B I explored all the discovered jump points.   One of the jump points linked to system A and the new jump point on the system A side of the link doesn't have a jump gate.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2014, 12:26:51 PM »
Not sure whats going on but I get the following message 3 times.

Aurora

No new technology was discovered during the disassembly of this component

After pressing ok thrice I get the following message

Aurora

Wreck not found in CompleteWreckSalvage

1 click on ok and the game runs as it should to the next 30 day cycle, there seems to be a variation of the above messages ... I presume its an "leak" from an NPC or something...

Apart from that the game works as it should...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Thorgarth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2014, 10:22:51 AM »
That may be it.  The entire Dwarfhunter tribes has enjoyed 30 months of liberty.  I'll give it another year.  Then scrap the fleet and strike the Dwarfhunters from the rolls.

I am using this work-around.  The Dwarfhunters were in neverending overhaul at the Capital.  In Task Groups > History/Officers/Misc,>Set Task Force Position (SM only)> Selected Capital.  Then allowed me to take them out of overhaul. Must reset something in the db. 

Offline hyramgraff

• Chief Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »
Another potential issue I've noticed from my current campaign.   I only have ground units that require a rank one commander, and it seems that auto-assignment won't assign officers of a higher rank to these units, even if they have a higher bonus.

This leads to having all of my best army officers being promoted and then released from service six years after their promotion because they are "deemed surplus to requirements".

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2014, 04:35:03 PM »
Another potential issue I've noticed from my current campaign.   I only have ground units that require a rank one commander, and it seems that auto-assignment won't assign officers of a higher rank to these units, even if they have a higher bonus.

This leads to having all of my best army officers being promoted and then released from service six years after their promotion because they are "deemed surplus to requirements".

Do you have BHQ and DHQ? Those usually require higher ranked officers.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2014, 12:39:06 PM »
Minor Bug there are two systems named Gliese 505 in the database.
Not so minor bug Precursor bases updating hostile contact with NPR fleet continually cause interupts every two hours as they lose and regain contact. Can be eliminated by destroying Precursor bases.
Edit. Sorry should have said above is also associated with a pop-up "Error in ObserveJumpPoint, Error 6 was generated by Aurora, Overflow, please report etc."

Ian
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:53:44 PM by IanD »
IanD

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #269 on: September 14, 2014, 10:53:09 AM »
Ver6. 43

Having a bit of a bug.
Built some fighters with the intent to place them on a carrier that was also being built.  Fighters got built more quickly and when their carrier was a few months from completion I set them to go in for overhaul.  (Note they had NOT been in a hangar before)
While outside of the hangar, overhaul did nothing to their maintenance clock for over a year.  Finally I figured out how to get them into the carrier, and the maint clocks started to go down.
Now they are all completely overhauled, maint clock is 0, they still declare that they are in overhaul, and theres nothing I can do about it, even giving them the command to stop overhaul, 2 years later they are still in overhaul.  No clue how to fix.  Deleted out those fighters and built some new 1s which were placed directly in their carrier upon being built.