Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 94763 times)

Offline DasColonel

• Leading Rate
  • D
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 20, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »
Ver 6.  43

Erro # 713 when I try to access system via F9 telling me i need a DLL file MSSTDFMT.   

I managed to fix it using Acid download 6. 43.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:39:15 AM by DasColonel »

Offline @@

• Leading Rate
  • ?
« Reply #271 on: September 20, 2014, 11:03:42 AM »
what is acid 6?
link please?

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #272 on: September 20, 2014, 12:09:26 PM »
what is acid 6?
link please?

It's a "little package that should make starting the game easier." from user AcidWeb found here:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5663.0.html

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #273 on: September 20, 2014, 01:27:44 PM »
Something seems to be strange with interception movements in v6.4.2

I am intercepting a stationary gate-builder and it seems to be treated as if it was moving for interception purposes. See my added dotted line for reference where the intercepting TG is heading.

It later reported order completed despite being several million km off.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:29:45 PM by alex_brunius »

Offline letsdance

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2014, 12:02:16 AM »
in the individual unit (F6) ordnance management, the fast reload - population button does not load from population but from ship to population.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2014, 03:46:36 AM »
Please... pretty please take a look at the "Max Tracking Time Bonus vs Missiles" line of technology because it currently does nothing to enhance the tracking speed of point defences. Unless my investigation abilities are crap that is... ;)

I know I have reported this issue a couple of times before on the older versions and I think it would add some .balance back to the effectiveness of beam point defences at the later stages of the game if it worked. In the early game I don't think there is a great impact without this technology.

I have tested this out relatively thoroughly in .6.43

In my latest test I did the following.

A missile ship fired 30 size four missiles with a speed of 24000km/s carrying a strength 4 nuke (Ion engine tech)

The target was a ship with five twin linked gauss cannon turret, each turret could fire six shots so could fire a total of 30 shots. The tracking speed of the turret and sensor tech was 12000km/s. The "Max Tracking Time Bonus vs Missiles" tech was at 40% and they were able to track the missiles to get 30% of that.

The base to hit for the gauss turrets was 79% (set at final defence), the log then mentioned that the final value after tracking speed was 39% which seems about right if the tracking speed was 12000km/s versus a 24000km/s missile. The missile had 100% chance to hit the ship that had a speed much lower than the agility/speed of the missile.

I repeated this test many times and the result is that only 39% of the missiles were shot down. If the "Max Tracking Time Bonus vs Missiles" tech would have functioned correctly I should have shot down 51% and not 39% so it is a significant difference, enough to be seen after firing 300 missiles in total.

Offline hyramgraff

• Chief Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=7012. msg75855#msg75855 date=1410384903
Quote from: hyramgraff link=topic=7012. msg75853#msg75853 date=1410382572
Another potential issue I've noticed from my current campaign.    I only have ground units that require a rank one commander, and it seems that auto-assignment won't assign officers of a higher rank to these units, even if they have a higher bonus. 

This leads to having all of my best army officers being promoted and then released from service six years after their promotion because they are "deemed surplus to requirements". 
Do you have BHQ and DHQ? Those usually require higher ranked officers.

I started with a low number of research points, so the only ground units that I can train are:
  • Mobile Infantry Battalion
  • Garrision Battalion
  • Replacement Battalion
  • Low Tech Armor Division
  • Low Tech Infantry Division

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
Do you have BHQ and DHQ? Those usually require higher ranked officers.

I started with a low number of research points, so the only ground units that I can train are:
  • Mobile Infantry Battalion
  • Garrision Battalion
  • Replacement Battalion
  • Low Tech Armor Division
  • Low Tech Infantry Division
Brigade and Division HQ are higher techs. Along with a few other types. You can manually assign the higher ranking officers to battalions and in the officer screen, there is a checkbox in the center area that should prevent them from being reassigned. I don't recall the exact wording on it.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #278 on: September 28, 2014, 11:31:40 PM »
Noticed a kind of derpy little bug while running through assorted turret designs.

Ver .643

When designing a single gauss cannon turret using a .5hs gauss cannon (the 8% one), regardless of the number you set for tracking speed (300k is still 1HS), the literal turret size never goes up above 1HS total. Playing around, they seem to operate just fine while playing (though their aim is terrible, my tech is at 4 for the ROF, and sticking 8 of these turrets on a ship with a max beam tracking system, they demolish waves of missiles. 32, 8% chances every 5 seconds is pretty good chances for missile shootdowns)

Also spotted another 1.

When designing box launchers, if one doesn't manually set the "reload rate" tech to the minimum, it generally costs 2x-3x the resources and research. Noticed it while designing some boxes for my fighters, was hoping that it would actually speed up the hangar reload time, however it does not.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:49:51 PM by linkxsc »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2014, 07:50:25 PM »
That's why there is a note that Reload Rate is pointless for Box Launchers. It shows up in the Design screen when you select Box launchers.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #280 on: October 03, 2014, 09:13:41 PM »
Sry bout that. I play with a small monitor. When dragging it up, i can see something mentioned there that appears when picking box launchers, but cant read it (only the tops of letters)

Although, with increased playing around with options, switching the box launcher to a pdc only system... does have a faster hangar reload.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2014, 03:57:03 AM »
Noticed a kind of derpy little bug while running through assorted turret designs.

Ver .643

When designing a single gauss cannon turret using a .5hs gauss cannon (the 8% one), regardless of the number you set for tracking speed (300k is still 1HS), the literal turret size never goes up above 1HS total. Playing around, they seem to operate just fine while playing (though their aim is terrible, my tech is at 4 for the ROF, and sticking 8 of these turrets on a ship with a max beam tracking system, they demolish waves of missiles. 32, 8% chances every 5 seconds is pretty good chances for missile shootdowns)

But a 1HS turret is actually a very large turret for that cannon. A twin 8% gauss cannon turret with a normal x4 tracking speed will be about 1.3HS and so will a 17% gauss cannon. So adding those 8% 1HS cannons is not doing you a great service... ;)

The problem seem more to be that turrets minimum size is 1HS so you are best of using a 17% turret or a twin 8% turret as the smaller turret on any ship. Although, from a mathematical perspective larger gauss turret is more reliable as long as your tracking speed of turret/fire-control is less than the speed at which you fire at which usually is the case. I mainly construct smaller turrets because they can fit into smaller ship hulls and are more flexible and cheaper to research.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #282 on: October 05, 2014, 01:13:22 PM »
Very minor grammar bug:
Some officers and scientists are incorrectly identified as male when they are actually female. EX: When an officer has increased their fleet initiative.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #283 on: October 05, 2014, 03:13:05 PM »
I honestly dont think that the game differentiates gender. Commanders with female names are just commanders to the game. Similarly, the traits section of their bios seems to have no actual effect on the commander, other than giving the player a bit more fuel with which to RP

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #284 on: October 07, 2014, 07:39:44 AM »
Very minor grammar bug:
Some officers and scientists are incorrectly identified as male when they are actually female. EX: When an officer has increased their fleet initiative.

There is a male/female column in the database, but as far as I know, the code does not reference it.