Author Topic: Colonization Questions  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Krictic (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
Colonization Questions
« on: September 25, 2015, 06:26:24 PM »
So, this must be my 10° try on playing Aurora4x, its an awesome game, yes, but the level of micromanagement is absurd.

I´ve decided to follow this checklist (hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=5811. msg59422#msg59422) and i was trying to terrform Mars, so i followed the "[ ] Ship infrastructure to Mars.  ", but i don´t know exatly how to take the infraestructure i´ve built on my homeworld to Mars, so this is my question, how to tranfer infra from my planet to my Freighter´s cargohold.

Thanks.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Colonization Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 06:52:01 PM »
The task group page handles ordering ships around, first I'll assume your constructed freighter is in your default shipyard task group, select that task group in the drop down at the top, you should see your freighter and any other ships you've built there. Select the freighter in the list to the right, then click the detatch button, your freighter is now in its own group named after itself.
Next select earth on the bottom left destination window, right of that is a list of valid orders, any ship with cargo holds will get options to load or unload; infrastructure, installations, minerals, etc.
Select 'load infrastructure', notice the window right of this now has an order listed 'load infrastructure at earth' , next select mars and then 'unload infrastructure' , finally select earth again and give an order to refuel. You can select the checkbox for 'repeat orders ' to make the task group continue repeating this until it finally fails to load infrastructure when earth runs out.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Krictic (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
Re: Colonization Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »
Quote from: MarcAFK link=topic=7931. msg81286#msg81286 date=1443225121
The task group page handles ordering ships around, first I'll assume your constructed freighter is in your default shipyard task group, select that task group in the drop down at the top, you should see your freighter and any other ships you've built there.  Select the freighter in the list to the right, then click the detatch button, your freighter is now in its own group named after itself.
Next select earth on the bottom left destination window, right of that is a list of valid orders, any ship with cargo holds will get options to load or unload; infrastructure, installations, minerals, etc.
Select 'load infrastructure', notice the window right of this now has an order listed 'load infrastructure at earth' , next select mars and then 'unload infrastructure' , finally select earth again and give an order to refuel.  You can select the checkbox for 'repeat orders ' to make the task group continue repeating this until it finally fails to load infrastructure when earth runs out.

Ok, i figured it out, thank you, i think i know how to do the rest.  :D