Author Topic: What a great game I'm having!  (Read 1528 times)

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
What a great game I'm having!
« on: May 11, 2010, 04:50:33 PM »
I started a new 5.14 game recently; I haven't even had 2 years of game time yet and I've already encountered the NPR race that was created at game start within 3 jumps of my home planet.  They are currently behaving themselves but I am sweating as they have appeared in my home system. I know where they live BTW  :D
Welchbloke

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: What a great game I'm having!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 09:53:15 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
I started a new 5.14 game recently; I haven't even had 2 years of game time yet and I've already encountered the NPR race that was created at game start within 3 jumps of my home planet.  They are currently behaving themselves but I am sweating as they have appeared in my home system. I know where they live BTW  :D
Sounds like a lot of fun! I still haven't got my new game going due to real life interruptions so I guess it will be when I get back at the end of May :)

Steve

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
The tension is climbing; one of my scout groups has found 5 wrecks of survey ships belonging to the aliens I had previously encountered.  Some starm swarm soldiers appeared and my scout is currently legging it for the JP  :shock:
Welchbloke

Offline symon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:58:52 AM »
Wormholes scare me something rotten! Good luck with it.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 05:03:41 AM »
I started a new 5.14 game recently; I haven't even had 2 years of game time yet and I've already encountered the NPR race that was created at game start within 3 jumps of my home planet. They are currently behaving themselves but I am sweating as they have appeared in my home system. I know where they live BTW Also, a transit out from the first system I met the NPRs there is a stable wormhole. I don't think my fleet is big enough yet, I have multiple threats on my doorstep, I've found a bunch of habitable planets including one that requires no terraforming whatsoever that are screaming out to be exploited and I'm loving every second of it

An ideal game for a write up. :D

Regards
IanD

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 08:06:17 AM »
Quote from: "IanD"
I started a new 5.14 game recently; I haven't even had 2 years of game time yet and I've already encountered the NPR race that was created at game start within 3 jumps of my home planet. They are currently behaving themselves but I am sweating as they have appeared in my home system. I know where they live BTW Also, a transit out from the first system I met the NPRs there is a stable wormhole. I don't think my fleet is big enough yet, I have multiple threats on my doorstep, I've found a bunch of habitable planets including one that requires no terraforming whatsoever that are screaming out to be exploited and I'm loving every second of it

An ideal game for a write up. :D
Welchbloke