Author Topic: Custom game class design name crashes  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Malthore (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
Custom game class design name crashes
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »
Hey everyone newbie here  ;D

I've installed the game and followed all the instructions to the letter but after i launch it if i select the game mode that comes with it it's fine, but any custom game i launch works but if i try to name a class in the design window I get the errors 381, 3078, and six 91s.   I know it's stated that it's my fault i installed it wrong but I've re installed 4 times to the letter so i'm not sure what it could be.

I'm running windows 7 so I installed it to my desktop to avoid any pathing errors and applied the 6. 10 patch 2 files in the main folder and manually plopped the 3 pics into the planets folder.   I've read everywhere in these forums and i can't find a fix for this issue most are just getting it installed and running which i can do.   Any help appreciated.   And i didn't see a support section so i hope this is the right area. . .  :-\

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
Re: Custom game class design name crashes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 08:24:16 PM »
This more properly belongs in bugs, but I don't think anyone will hold it against you.
That said, I'm honestly not sure what's going on.  The only possibility that springs to mind is that you haven't installed the Windows 7 patch.  Installing it to the desktop might actually be the problem for all I know.  I'm on Windows 7 and my games live in the Program Files (x86) folder.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline Malthore (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »
When you say windows 7 patch what doe's that mean i thought it was just the 554 download than patch over with the 6. 10 version  thanks for the quick reply

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 09:55:38 PM »
No, there's a specific thing that you have to do for Windows 7.  Try http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1828.0.html
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman