Author Topic: A weird problem.  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Nulldog (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • N
A weird problem.
« on: December 24, 2014, 11:29:06 AM »
I hope this is the correct place to post this.   

Re-posting from the subreddit:I had downloaded this game a while back with the intention of getting into it, but never found the time to do so; unfortunately, now that I have the time, I've run into an odd problem that I was hoping someone might be able to help me with:

hxxp: i. imgur. com/hJcMuSS. jpg

The text issue that you see on the right also appears in the new game creation screen, as well as the in-game menus.    I'm not sure if it's game breaking, but I've run into a few options where I have no idea what it does because hovering over it doesn't give a popup explaining what it is and, y'know, I can't read the option itself due to the distorted text.    I've reinstalled the game a dozen times, followed the instructions, upgraded from 5+ to 6, used the full installations provided in the info bar of the subreddit, used the portable installations, etc.    Nothing I do seems to fix it.    The UI is already pretty tough to wrestle without some parts being illegible.   

My resolution is 1680, 1050; DPI is the default 96/100% My OS is Windows Vista, and although I am upgrading soon, when I first installed the game however long ago, this wasn't an issue, so I don't think the OS is the culprit.    Also, version 5.   54~ doesn't have the text issue.    Seems to only happen in version 6+ of the game.    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 11:30:40 AM by Nulldog »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: A weird problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 02:31:12 PM »
try to reinstall, if that doesn't fix it try changing your screen resolution. Plus this belongs in the Bugs page.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:34:08 PM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.