Author Topic: v4.9 Bugs Thread (no longer current)  (Read 26734 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v4.9 Bugs Thread (no longer current)
« on: January 22, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »
Placeholder for first post

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
Re: Official v4.9 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 10:21:11 AM »
Comets are not showing up on the all bodies tab of the system map.

Same bug promoting ground force officers I reported over in the 4.8 thread is still happening.
http://aurora.pentarch.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1929&start=120#p19317

The up/down buttons to the right of the list of officers for changing seniority don't seem to be working properly. Occasionally they will move the selected officer but most of the time they will not. It seem to be more noticeable for ground officers but occurs for naval officers too.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »
Quote from: "metalax"
Same bug promoting ground force officers I reported over in the 4.8 thread is still happening.
Fixed for v4.91. It is just a display bug so it has no long term effect.

Steve

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
On the class design window, from a conventional start with no missile bases, clicking copy design throws up a repeating error:

Error in cmdCopy_Click
Error 3625 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.

As far as I can tell this is just from there being no designs at all before it trys to copy one.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 10:51:16 AM »
The up/down buttons to the right of the list of officers for changing seniority don't seem to be working properly. Occasionally they will move the selected officer but most of the time they will not. It seem to be more noticeable for ground officers but occurs for naval officers too.
What is actually happening is that when you try to change the seniority of a ground forces officer, you instead change the seniority of the matching naval officer. Fixed for v4.91

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 10:53:53 AM »
On the class design window, from a conventional start with no missile bases, clicking copy design throws up a repeating error:

Error in cmdCopy_Click
Error 3625 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.

As far as I can tell this is just from there being no designs at all before it trys to copy one.
I have added a check to v4.91 to avoid the above error. As you say, it happens when someone presses Copy and there aren't any classes yet.

Steve

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 11:25:12 AM »
Class design, the tooltip for the SM Mode button seems to be something from the fleets screen.

Offline Vargius

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • V
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 03:52:23 PM »
I get an overflow bug when trying to access my Cargo task group set on repeat orders after a reload. I suspect it's the same thing happening which I reported in the 4.77 bugs thread (follows bellow).

Code: [Select]
Re: Official v4.7 Bugs Thread

by Vargius » 17 Jan 2010, 00:45
Hi!

I've experienced an overflow bug with orders and I am wondering if anyone else have experienced this type of behavior. If I set a task groups orders on "cycle moves", typically a Freighter Convoy hauling installations to my colonies, and then exit the game I get an overflow bug when trying to view the task group in the Task Group window after I've loaded. I have experienced this in both of the versions of the game I have tried so far, v4.75 and v4.77.
It seems like the game, instead of actually cycling the moves, when saving the game it creates a vast amount of orders. I suspect this because I typically only have a few orders, e.g. "load infrastructure on Earth" and "unload infrastructure on Mars". When I load the game after I've created one such order for one of my task groups, the order list is filled to the brim and I get the overflow bug when trying to view it in the Task Group window.

Offline Rathos

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • R
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 04:17:39 PM »
Drone engines don't have prerequisites. I.E. You can research ion drone engines and nuclear pulse drone engines at the same time.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 02:52:58 AM »
Quote from: "Rathos"
Drone engines don't have prerequisites. I.E. You can research ion drone engines and nuclear pulse drone engines at the same time.
It turns out they do have have prerequisites - just the wrong ones :)

I cut and pasted the drone tech from the missile tech and forgot to change some of the prerequisites. It means that each drone tech has a prerequisite of the matching engine type, which is fine, but also a prerequisite of the previous missile engine rather than the previous drone engine. I don't think this will be a significant issue so although I have changed the master database I won't be putting out a new DB patch just to fix this problem. It will get sorted when the next DB patch is eventually released.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 02:54:31 AM »
Quote from: "Vargius"
I get an overflow bug when trying to access my Cargo task group set on repeat orders after a reload. I suspect it's the same thing happening which I reported in the 4.77 bugs thread (follows bellow).

Code: [Select]
Re: Official v4.7 Bugs Thread

by Vargius » 17 Jan 2010, 00:45
Hi!

I've experienced an overflow bug with orders and I am wondering if anyone else have experienced this type of behavior. If I set a task groups orders on "cycle moves", typically a Freighter Convoy hauling installations to my colonies, and then exit the game I get an overflow bug when trying to view the task group in the Task Group window after I've loaded. I have experienced this in both of the versions of the game I have tried so far, v4.75 and v4.77.
It seems like the game, instead of actually cycling the moves, when saving the game it creates a vast amount of orders. I suspect this because I typically only have a few orders, e.g. "load infrastructure on Earth" and "unload infrastructure on Mars". When I load the game after I've created one such order for one of my task groups, the order list is filled to the brim and I get the overflow bug when trying to view it in the Task Group window.
Yes, it seems like a few people are experiencing this particular problem. I haven't figured out what is causing it yet unfortunately. Please could you send me your database file so I can take a look?

Steve

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 03:25:19 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Yes, it seems like a few people are experiencing this particular problem. I haven't figured out what is causing it yet unfortunately. Please could you send me your database file so I can take a look?

Steve
Sorry Steve, I just got this again in my4.9 game when it hung, and cleared it from the database (otherwise its a show stopper) and this game has started really well.  the TG was 2 freighters 5 holds each with orders set as Load Infrastructure Earth. Drop Infrastructure Mars set to cycle, there was a refuel at 20% conditional order as well.

Ended up with 25000 lines of the 2 orders in there for that tg

I promise I'll copy you the db next time it happens sorry

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 04:27:38 AM »
Quote from: "boggo2300"

Steve
Sorry Steve, I just got this again in my4.9 game when it hung, and cleared it from the database (otherwise its a show stopper) and this game has started really well.  the TG was 2 freighters 5 holds each with orders set as Load Infrastructure Earth. Drop Infrastructure Mars set to cycle, there was a refuel at 20% conditional order as well.

Ended up with 25000 lines of the 2 orders in there for that tg
So does this only appear after a hang? I wonder if the hang is actually an endless loop and the endless loop is what is creating the huge amount of orders. That would make sense but the question becomes why does it only happen occasionally?

EDIT: I notice that everyone mentioning this bug so far has mentioned Earth and Mars. That could be just a coincidence but it is worth taking into account. The next time this happens, check if it is affecting a cycle between Earth and Mars and also check if Earth and Mars are close together in their orbits.

Steve

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 05:04:55 AM »
So does this only appear after a hang? I wonder if the hang is actually an endless loop and the endless loop is what is creating the huge amount of orders. That would make sense but the question becomes why does it only happen occasionally?

EDIT: I notice that everyone mentioning this bug so far has mentioned Earth and Mars. That could be just a coincidence but it is worth taking into account. The next time this happens, check if it is affecting a cycle between Earth and Mars and also check if Earth and Mars are close together in their orbits.

Steve
I have only ever had it happen after a hang, and only ever on an Earth Mars run

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline greywolf

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 05:56:50 AM »
The errors 3061, followed by 91 (4 times), sometimes a couple of times in a row, are still there (I had reported them for 4.82). All I did was selecting the default tutorial game, pressing F2 and F3, then the 1-day button on the system map window repeatedly.  3 times was ok (ships were moving), then the 3061 error appeared. I pressed ok, which produced the 91 error, ok again, another 91 error, etc. After 91 had appeared 4 times, 3061 returned once, followed by 4 91's again, then 3061 for the third time, followed by another 4 91 messages. Then the messages disappeared, the ships moved, nothing unusual. Progressed time again (in 1 day steps). Like before three times nothing unusual, the the 3061 message popped up ...
I could live with these messages if I knew the underlying errors didn't corrupt the game, but it's definitely not motivating, so I decided to continue playing 4.77.

Am I the only one encountering this problem? If it matters: My PC is AMD, Vista, 4 GB RAM, ATI graphics, plenty of disk space left. Although it looks like a software/database problem to me, as the message clearly says that the program expects parameters which are not provided.