Author Topic: Civilian freghters on strike?  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Vanigo (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
Civilian freghters on strike?
« on: February 03, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »
In my current game, my civilian shipping lines seem to have decided that the best thing to do is leave all their freighters and colony ships in Earth orbit, rather than running the incredibly lucrative Earth-Mars trade route. Both planets are sitting there with huge stocks of goods the other planet wants, and I've got a few outsystem colonies that would like some infrastructure, but the freighters don't seem to care. Going through and clearing all the orders seemed to work once, but after a trip or two they went right back to idling. I'm not really sure what's going on with this.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Civilian freghters on strike?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 04:46:20 PM »
Are you sure they're actually sitting there, and not completing a round trip each increment?  Be aware that civilian shipping generally does not issue events about what it's doing, unless you wrote government contracts to move something.  It should be generating tax income on the F2 'Population & Production' window and moving around the F3 'System Map' window.

Offline Vanigo (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:01:58 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure. The recent deliveries thing showed nothing but passenger liner trips. Deleting the government contract stuff I had and resetting all the orders seems to have fixed the problem, though.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:36:04 PM »
Quote from: "Vanigo"
Yeah, I'm sure. The recent deliveries thing showed nothing but passenger liner trips. Deleting the government contract stuff I had and resetting all the orders seems to have fixed the problem, though.

Aha!  Did you say that you had made some contracts for moving e.g. factories around?  That's probably the source of the problem, since that's new functionality.

You should probably repost this issue (make sure to point out the contract part) in the "Official Bugs" thread.  Steve has requested that people not spawn new bug threads, because he reads them once and then can't find them again.  You can find out more about this by reading the "where to post" FAQ.

John

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
You should probably repost this issue (make sure to point out the contract part) in the "Official Bugs" thread.  Steve has requested that people not spawn new bug threads, because he reads them once and then can't find them again.  You can find out more about this by reading the "where to post" FAQ.

John

For anyone who cares, there is a link under the poster info --> "Mark as unread" ;)