Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26343 times)

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:19:48 PM »
Please post bugs for v5.10 in this thread. Alsom please read the bug posting advice here before before posting.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1930

Steve

Offline Maximillian

• Petty Officer
  • M
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 12:37:34 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Please post bugs for v5.10 in this thread.

At game start:

Error in GetPrecursorID

Error 3061 was generated by DAO.Database
Too few parameters.  Expected 1.

3-4 error 91

Error in StarSwarmID

3-4 error 91

and:

?Spoiler?

Error in SpecialNPRID (not the exact name, but I'm sure you can recognize it)

I can click through them and get to create new game and then get this error:

Error in CreateRace

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.

Error in AddKnownSpecies

Error 3078 was generated by DAO.Database
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'KnownSpecies'.  Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

Error 91 x7

Can click through those and start the game, more of the same, got to load the game, clicked on System Map and it couldn't load the system graphic.

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
Bad Description for Genome Seq. Res.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:46:50 AM »
I'm going over Research projects in 5.10, and found the following:

Genome Sequence Research has a bad description. It just says "A background tech that allows research into" and doesn't finish the description.

Fire Control 25% Size 25%r Range has an extra 'r' after the % and before Range.

The following Conventional technologies (i.e. given as part of a Conventional game) are available to research in a Trans-Newtonian game, but I think they should either be given as part of a TN campaign, or not available in a TN game:
Missiles / Kinetic Weapons: Conventional ICBM
Missiles / Kinetic Weapons: ICBM Silo
Sensors and Fire Control: ICBM Launch Control

The Research technology descriptions really need a going over, to fix spelling and incorrect / missing descriptions. Would you like me to go over them and list all the problems, or is it easier for you to just go over all of them?

BTW, thanks for adding the Biology / Genetics category :)
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt

Offline The Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 03:08:10 AM »
I created a race adjusted to 40% less gravity, and the numbers are haywire... It's listed as needing -0.10 to 1.3 g's, which naturally makes the System Generation and Display screen light up even very small chunks.  (Though, interestingly, the Potential Colonies screen seems to get things right, even though it lists the wrong set of gravities.)

Even the Environment/GMC tab in Production lists the wrong gravity range (and *calls* it the 'Oxygen Range' again), though the correct values of .18 to 1.02 were listed when I researched it.

Also, the number of GMC's on a colony doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, and they aren't listed as an item that cargo ships can load.

On an unrelated note... Naval Officers now have political titles like President, Prime Minister, and so on - this seems very odd.  I wonder if these titles were intended for Civilian Administrators?  (Also, why on earth is the lowest rank called 'Dictator'?)

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 03:41:47 AM »
On the F3 System Map, the Diplomacy button (Alien Head, button #15) and the Intelligence on Alien Classes button (last button on bar) both still open the same screen and tab (was this way in 5.02 also): Intelligence and Foreign Relations screen, Political Relations tab. I'm thinking the Intelligence on Alien Classes button should open the same screen, but a different tab... either Tactical Intelligence or Strategic Intelligence.
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 04:55:23 AM »
On the Leaders screen, the Eligible Only checkbox (below the Potential Assignments box) is not working for Civilian Administrators (Naval and Ground Forces Officers are working ok). Earth requires an A3, but clicking on any A3 or higher Civilian Administrator in the 'Seniority of officers within the selected rank' box still does not show Earth as a potential assignment when the Eligible Only check box is checked.
[attachment=0:18867tl2]Eligible_Only_Error.png[/attachment:18867tl2]

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 06:06:30 AM »
On the Leaders screen, when the Add New button for Personality Traits is clicked, the Unassigned Officers Only checkbox is not cleared. Also, Personality Traits already selected are still shown in the Select New Trait list (this isn't a big deal, but figured I'd mention it since I was reporting the checkbox). Since trying to choose an already selected trait generates a message, it may just be the way you decided to handle things, because the programming required to not list already chosen traits wasn't worth the hassle.
[attachment=0:2jt52y05]Unassigned_Officers_Error.png[/attachment:2jt52y05]

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 08:26:28 AM »
Quote from: "Maximillian"
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Please post bugs for v5.10 in this thread.

At game start:

Error in GetPrecursorID

Error 3061 was generated by DAO.Database
Too few parameters.  Expected 1.

3-4 error 91

Error in StarSwarmID

3-4 error 91

and:

?Spoiler?

Error in SpecialNPRID (not the exact name, but I'm sure you can recognize it)

I can click through them and get to create new game and then get this error:

Error in CreateRace

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.

Error in AddKnownSpecies

Error 3078 was generated by DAO.Database
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'KnownSpecies'.  Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

Error 91 x7

Can click through those and start the game, more of the same, got to load the game, clicked on System Map and it couldn't load the system graphic.
It sounds like you don't have the correct database file. Did you copy over the Stevefire.mdb file from the new patch? If you did, you should have seen an example game called "A Space Race"

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Bad Description for Genome Seq. Res.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 08:34:26 AM »
Quote from: "AndonSage"
I'm going over Research projects in 5.10, and found the following:

Genome Sequence Research has a bad description. It just says "A background tech that allows research into" and doesn't finish the description.

Fire Control 25% Size 25%r Range has an extra 'r' after the % and before Range.

The following Conventional technologies (i.e. given as part of a Conventional game) are available to research in a Trans-Newtonian game, but I think they should either be given as part of a TN campaign, or not available in a TN game:
Missiles / Kinetic Weapons: Conventional ICBM
Missiles / Kinetic Weapons: ICBM Silo
Sensors and Fire Control: ICBM Launch Control
Fixed for the next database release.

The Research technology descriptions really need a going over, to fix spelling and incorrect / missing descriptions. Would you like me to go over them and list all the problems, or is it easier for you to just go over all of them?
If there is anything you spot, I can correct it. I will try to go through them but my time is limited at the moment.

BTW, thanks for adding the Biology / Genetics category :)
No problem. I will be interested to see how players make use of it.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 08:37:25 AM »
Quote from: "The Shadow"
On an unrelated note... Naval Officers now have political titles like President, Prime Minister, and so on - this seems very odd.  I wonder if these titles were intended for Civilian Administrators?  (Also, why on earth is the lowest rank called 'Dictator'?)
Which theme are you using?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 08:57:22 AM »
Quote from: "The Shadow"
I created a race adjusted to 40% less gravity, and the numbers are haywire... It's listed as needing -0.10 to 1.3 g's, which naturally makes the System Generation and Display screen light up even very small chunks.  (Though, interestingly, the Potential Colonies screen seems to get things right, even though it lists the wrong set of gravities.)

Even the Environment/GMC tab in Production lists the wrong gravity range (and *calls* it the 'Oxygen Range' again), though the correct values of .18 to 1.02 were listed when I researched it.
The gravity percentage range was being saved as the absolute range. I've fixed it and will put out a v5.11 later today. "Oxygen Range" on the F2 window is a typo.

Also, the number of GMC's on a colony doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, and they aren't listed as an item that cargo ships can load.
GMC are listed on the summary tab and appear as a an item to be loaded on the orders window, assuming they exist at the colony. Dumb question time but I have to ask :). Have you built any yet?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 09:00:20 AM »
On the Leaders screen, the Eligible Only checkbox (below the Potential Assignments box) is not working for Civilian Administrators (Naval and Ground Forces Officers are working ok). Earth requires an A3, but clicking on any A3 or higher Civilian Administrator in the 'Seniority of officers within the selected rank' box still does not show Earth as a potential assignment when the Eligible Only check box is checked.
[attachment=0:hm25vp24]Eligible_Only_Error.png[/attachment:hm25vp24]
Not sure what is happening here as this is working perfectly on my version. Could you post a screenshot of the entire window?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 09:05:42 AM »
On the Leaders screen, when the Add New button for Personality Traits is clicked, the Unassigned Officers Only checkbox is not cleared. Also, Personality Traits already selected are still shown in the Select New Trait list (this isn't a big deal, but figured I'd mention it since I was reporting the checkbox). Since trying to choose an already selected trait generates a message, it may just be the way you decided to handle things, because the programming required to not list already chosen traits wasn't worth the hassle.
Fixed the checkbox problem for v5.11. The full trait list is always loaded but hidden from view. It was just easier than reloading it every time a different commander is selected.

Steve

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 09:52:29 AM »
I think there is a problem with technology corrupting either in design or in transfer between allies, I have been transferring technology between races and several races have ended up with technology which was not developed by any of them
Compact ECM 4 and Compact ECCM 4 (I only have ECM 3 and ECCM 3)
Compressed Fuel storage (No ruins have been investigated and no Precursor wrecks salvvaged)
There are also some unnusual problems with gauss cannon which could be user error or corruption  I am saw I designed them as  ROF 4 weapons but they are listed under ship design as ROF 3

Also it looks like Armoured Fuel Bunkers cannot be fitted to PDC's although fuel storage can

Offline rdgam

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 12:54:57 PM »
In version 5.11 with your SPACE RACE game.

When a Task Group turns on Task Force Training,  the next moves error with Orders not Possible: Destination waypoint not found for "task group".