Fiction > Starfire

Hello from Starfire player of old

(1/3) > >>

miketr:
I dont see a Stafire chat forum so I thought I would post here. 

HELLO!   ;D

Was a member of the old starfire mailing list from late 90s until early 2000s.  Was involved in UTM.  Ended up drifting away from starfire for various reasons but today I am looking to get back into.  Maybe a solo game using SA, nice to see thats still possible to download and perhaps use even if Steve has moved onto bigger and better things.

As an aside the SDS site looks like it has fallen on hard times.  Broken links on the main page and not a huge amount of activity in its forums.  Without rehashing the Marvin vs Steve debate from back in the day whats the status of starfire today?   

Regards
Michael R

Kurt:

--- Quote from: miketr on February 11, 2021, 08:21:18 AM ---I dont see a Stafire chat forum so I thought I would post here. 

HELLO!   ;D

Was a member of the old starfire mailing list from late 90s until early 2000s.  Was involved in UTM.  Ended up drifting away from starfire for various reasons but today I am looking to get back into.  Maybe a solo game using SA, nice to see thats still possible to download and perhaps use even if Steve has moved onto bigger and better things.

As an aside the SDS site looks like it has fallen on hard times.  Broken links on the main page and not a huge amount of activity in its forums.  Without rehashing the Marvin vs Steve debate from back in the day whats the status of starfire today?   

Regards
Michael R

--- End quote ---

I'm here as well, as are a number of people from the old days.  I'm currently writing a Starfire-based campaign called Cold War, as I decided to take a break from Aurora for a while.  I thought about posting on the SDS site as well, but I wasn't sure about how the older versions are thought of over there (and SA), and it didn't seem like there was a lot of participation. 

Kurt

waresky:
Starfire!!!!!!!!! OMFG.

AM Elder (1964) and play Starfire in 1979-1992... When in 1998 ive been found "Steve's" SA on web...

@Steve r our Salvation.

Shinanygnz:

--- Quote from: miketr on February 11, 2021, 08:21:18 AM ---I dont see a Stafire chat forum so I thought I would post here. 

HELLO!   ;D

Regards
Michael R

--- End quote ---

Hiya.
As Kurt says, a few of us about from UTM & 3DG days
I know they released a new version of Starfire a bit ago, possibly v6, so it was still going.  I gave up on it with no SA equivalent, though I did house rule some of the more interesting stuff from 4th into my old 3DG campaign
Stephen

miketr:

--- Quote from: Kurt on February 11, 2021, 09:20:15 AM ---

HELLO!   ;D

Regards
Michael R

--- End quote ---

I'm here as well, as are a number of people from the old days.  I'm currently writing a Starfire-based campaign called Cold War, as I decided to take a break from Aurora for a while.  I thought about posting on the SDS site as well, but I wasn't sure about how the older versions are thought of over there (and SA), and it didn't seem like there was a lot of participation. 

Kurt

--- End quote ---

Hey Kurt.  I already found your cold war story.  Its good, reminds me of you old long running story from the list days.  Brought back some good memories.

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version