Author Topic: Crazy Fast ASM  (Read 1551 times)

Offline filippe999 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • f
Crazy Fast ASM
« on: April 04, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »
So i've been watching EnterElysium playthrough and he mentioned an excel spreadsheet to help design missiles, and how to deal with people complaining about safety, that was currently plaguing my playthrough and just sending ground troops seemed to bring the political stability modifier back down.
Regardless, I designed my first Anti-Ship Missile, it's been 320y + since i started my game and thus completed quite a lot of research into missiles, following his playthrough I designed a size 6 damage 9 missile "Stinger":
Code: [Select]
Missile Size: 6 MSP  (0.3 HS)     Warhead: 9    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 16
Speed: 79800 km/s    Engine Endurance: 242 minutes   Range: 1 160.6m km
Cost Per Missile: 8.8982
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 1276.8%   3k km/s 416%   5k km/s 255.4%   10k km/s 127.7%
Materials Required:    2.25x Tritanium   6.6482x Gallicite   Fuel x755.25

Development Cost for Project: 890RP

The first thing i noticed is the ridiculously high speed this guy moves, and it didn't occur to me to try to fit more damage seeing as my engine tech is apparently amazing until after I got all my PDC's up and running fully stocked with them.
I know this is not the fastest missile out there but that speed is just faster than most point defense would expect to intercept.
Curiously enough I used the same sheet to design AMMs, here's the "Pin":
Code: [Select]
Missile Size: 1 MSP  (0.05 HS)     Warhead: 1    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 45
Speed: 36500 km/s    Engine Endurance: 9.1 hours   Range: 1 194.1m km
Cost Per Missile: 1.3962
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 1642.5%   3k km/s 540%   5k km/s 328.5%   10k km/s 164.2%
Materials Required:    0.25x Tritanium   1.1462x Gallicite   Fuel x751

Development Cost for Project: 140RP

That's fast but not blazing fast like Stinger.
Pretty sure i could've tried to squeeze more damage into my ASM until it speed became lower than my AMM, just as reference, but at the same time the Stinger would be very hard to intercept.
This also made me realize how annoying it is to supply those missiles to a PDC, which made me seriously consider beam weapon as main damage and meson cannons as PD, but since i have no idea how to do that i just followed what EE did.
So what you guys think?

Offline Noble713

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • N
Re: Crazy Fast ASM
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:42:57 AM »
I don't think the speed is that crazy. I'm using Magnetic Fusion drives on my missiles with power boosts and I'm getting 75k as well. What IS crazy, though, is your RANGE. If I'm reading it correctly, your ASM has a range of 1.1 BILLION km.  :o

What's even more crazy is....so does your AMM! I've never needed more than ~2-3 million km range on my AMMs. Some people design for 5-10million though, which is nice as long as you can detect the salvos that far.

So for your ASM I'd cut the range and increase the warhead, and on the AMM I'd cut the range in favor of more speed.

The following users thanked this post: filippe999

Offline filippe999 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • f
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:43:59 AM »
@Noble713
So just decreasing the fuel should be enough i'm guessing, thanks for the feedback I have literally no idea what i'm doing  :P

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 12:11:38 PM »
At 370+ years that is actually slow and non damaging for a missile. ASM; You might not have to much fuel, your engines are just crap. Make them max power when you're designing them, efficiency for missiles should almost never be used. More damage.
AMM; The engine at this late should take up 80%-90% of the whole missile (at max power). Also, a small sensor would be good.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

The following users thanked this post: filippe999