Author Topic: Is it possible to turn off game pausing after combat?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline midikiman (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
Is it possible to turn off game pausing after combat?
« on: August 10, 2022, 05:00:27 PM »
My young empire got attacked by what I assume are the new spoilers, appearing in 4 systems at once. My combat fleet is days away from Sol. Now, my STOs were able to destroy every wave that came to orbit, but there are a couple of enemy ships sitting at the edge of STO range, where my lasers cannot hit them, plinking away every 15 seconds. The fastest relieving force will take about 10 days to arrive, which is about 57,000 mouse clicks to advance the turns until help arrives. I'm not going to take the time to do that, my carpal tunnel is bad enough already. Is it possible to turn off the automatic pauses after a combat round for a few in-game days, or do I take the L and start a new campaign?

Online Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Is it possible to turn off game pausing after combat?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 04:27:51 AM »
No way around it unfortunately.

Unless you want to deep-dive into the database and delete the ships.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 05:24:03 AM »
Might be able to edit the interrupt flags in the database for the relevant events. There were a couple of them, not sure what they did anymore.

Offline Darknote

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 05:51:14 AM »
Try this Event Toggler from QuakeIV, it works with 2.0, tested with with a few events.

You will have to scroll and read every one of them though until you find the correct one.

https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11780.0

Note: Once you use this, you can't submit bugs you encounter anymore, as this officially mods the DB (Though it is an approved mod).

The following users thanked this post: midikiman