Author Topic: Is this what I think it is?  (Read 5404 times)

Offline Herodotus4 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • H
Is this what I think it is?
« on: June 04, 2016, 09:51:09 AM »
I am 12 years into my game and I sent my GSV through a jump point only to find some angry aliens on the other side. I jumped it back through and assigned a team to try to make contact. After a few days a ship with 600 shields jumped through that jump point and I am currently trying to bait it our towards pluto using my gsv. Is it even worth trying to talk to these guys or am I just screwed because I have no military.
Edit: well, I answered my own question. I did scrape up a few PDCs and kill the 60,000 ton doom carrier but then I did not have the ability to kill the FAVs
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:43:23 AM by Herodotus4 »

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Is this what I think it is?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 11:59:09 AM »
We all have probobly had this problem... 😉😆
If you have put in alot of effort  to get this far, SM a bunch of small pdc with several small long range anti ship missiles, dont  forget a sensor that can see the small ships.
Have fun.
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 01:37:55 AM »
The babies are going to be rather pissed off that you killed momma.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 05:41:32 AM »
Woah, the big ones can jump?!
Sure glad my jump point management tactics have been useful. Though I wonder, does a jump point get revealed to an empire by watching someone leave through it, or enter through it?

Offline Herodotus4 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 07:54:27 AM »
Woah, the big ones can jump?!
Sure glad my jump point management tactics have been useful. Though I wonder, does a jump point get revealed to an empire by watching someone leave through it, or enter through it?
I tried to open diplomatic communication with the star swarm, my idiot diplomats probably thought it was a gesture of good faith. Since then I have always built PDCs on earth that can do a bit over 600 damage per salvo and have "amm" sensors to pick up the FACs at 10,000,000 kilometers. I just wish I was allowed to ram because I could have killed it that way.

Offline TCD

• Lt. Commander
  • T
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:36:00 PM »
I tried to open diplomatic communication with the star swarm, my idiot diplomats probably thought it was a gesture of good faith. Since then I have always built PDCs on earth that can do a bit over 600 damage per salvo and have "amm" sensors to pick up the FACs at 10,000,000 kilometers. I just wish I was allowed to ram because I could have killed it that way.
That could easily become overpowered though. Or were you thinking of ramming with a big commercial freighter? That would be a pretty cool way of squishing a bug!

Offline Herodotus4 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 04:14:23 PM »
That could easily become overpowered though. Or were you thinking of ramming with a big commercial freighter? That would be a pretty cool way of squishing a bug!
I had 6 ships, a 6000 ton 16000 kps Geo and grav survey ship and 5 32,000 ton 1500 kps freighters. I was going to do an attack with all of them at the same time.