Author Topic: Mineral search window incorrect  (Read 1173 times)

Offline superstrijder15 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
Mineral search window incorrect
« on: June 24, 2023, 04:14:29 PM »
It seems that the mineral search window is broken? I don't know if maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I look for a specific mineral, I often don't find the bodies with the most of it:
This image shows the bodies I have researched when I first open the window.

But then when I decide I want to have at least 10 Neutronium (or 1000, it doesn't matter for this), the bodies with the most of the minerals vanish? Setting the number to 0 again gives me image 1 again.

This makes it a lot harder to find good sources with many minerals, obviously. I don't know if this is a known bug, a new one, or me having a checkbox wrong somewhere so someone looking at it would be nice.

I've also tried setting the Max CC value really high to see if that helps, but it seems it doesn't.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Mineral search window incorrect
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 04:32:32 PM »
I've tried and cannot reproduce this in my 2.1.1 campaign with the largest galaxy map, although this is only 36 systems as I've been playing most of my games with reduced survey speeds. A DB attachment would be helpful here.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 04:40:32 PM »
Is this a decimal separator issue? I'm not sure if my eyes are confusing stray pixels, but it seems like you have "." as the thousands separator and "," as the decimal separator. If so, check out this post.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2023, 09:00:48 PM »
That would explain why the search doesn't find these planets - because of the wrong separator, it doesn't understand that there are minerals on them.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2023, 10:18:00 PM »
From the second screenshot, my guess is that it is interpreting the "0.1" in the entry box as "1" because of the separator, so only accessibility 1 deposits are being found. I'm not sure how the game has gotten this far (it looks like a large number of systems) without other issues, unless the system settings were changed recently.

Offline superstrijder15 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 06:28:54 AM »
Is this a decimal separator issue? I'm not sure if my eyes are confusing stray pixels, but it seems like you have "." as the thousands separator and "," as the decimal separator. If so, check out this post.

I'm pretty sure I've *already* switched that over once so I assumed that was not the problem but I guess I am running windows and they are knows for dicking around with your settings for no reason.

Yeah I searched for like 15 minutes before I found the window in that post and that fixed it. Why is windows like this?

Thanks for the help everyone!