Author Topic: Can't Add Extra Crew Bearths  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
Can't Add Extra Crew Bearths
« on: May 16, 2020, 04:22:02 PM »
I can't find the option to let me add extra crew berts to my ship; the game keeps auto-deleting any extra's I add.

In the original game, the option was on the design menu I believe, but now I can't find it.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
Re: Can't Add Extra Crew Bearths
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 04:30:43 PM »
I can't find the option to let me add extra crew berts to my ship; the game keeps auto-deleting any extra's I add.

In the original game, the option was on the design menu I believe, but now I can't find it.

The option doesn't exist in C#.

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 04:46:57 PM »

Then how do you create small passenger skiffs for science teams and such? I wanted them to be able to hitch a ride on my starting survey ship.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 04:52:28 PM »

Then how do you create small passenger skiffs for science teams and such? I wanted them to be able to hitch a ride on my starting survey ship.
Teams don't exist anymore.  They have been replaced with specialized ground units transported with regular troop transports.  We also don't need to deal with extra crew capacity on carriers because hangars now automatically include enough extra crew space.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 04:54:13 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 05:01:05 PM »
Cool. Although I kinda liked having team hitch aboard random ships and designing them to have extra bearth space.

While I'm in this thread, how do you use the distance measurer? SHFT drag doesn't seem to work.

Offline AlStar

• Lt. Commander
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 06:57:01 PM »
While I'm in this thread, how do you use the distance measurer? SHFT drag doesn't seem to work.
What version are you running? Shift to measure distance should work in the latest version.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 03:31:21 PM »

There is the Small Cryo Module which can be used for 'passenger' accomodation, hospital beds, VIP quarters, prisoner transfer, slave holds. . . or any other thing you can think of.

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 04:03:14 PM »
use the small and tiny troop transports
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.