VB6 Aurora > Aurora II

inter-system travel options

(1/3) > >>

Lex Talionias:
in aurora II i would like to see multiple options for inter-system travel.  coz who says the game can only be either JP's or warp? why cant we go with both? JP's for long term connected systems as a space highway and warp for deep strikes into enemy territory/exploration.

maybe with other options added in as they are thought of?

PTTG:
Any game with jump nodes needs special stars that have a tendency to have huge jump distances. I favor having black holes have jump lanes capable of taking a ship 10 or 100 systems farther than normal, if not more.

UnLimiTeD:
With all the games out there, there's a bunch of interesting concepts for possible drives, just look at Sword of the stars, freespace, etc.

Options for in- and inter-system travel could include:
Normal ballistic acceleration;
Mass accelerators (like weapons, but with people inside!)
Explosives (Project Orion)
Teleport (possibly a stutter drive that moves ships forward very small amounts)
Hyperspace
Wormholes/Jumppoints
Subspace (like an extra dimension that doesn't only allow long term jumps, but actual movement of sorts)
Sleeperships that travel to a system over 10 years, but leave no emissions until arrival.
Grav-Jumps (Essentially jump points on high gravity points, like BHs)

etc.

I'd love to see a few options in a possible Aurora II FTL, if Steve lives long enough for that.
I'd be nice to see to races clash with radically different technology.

Lex Talionias:
exactly, also different kinds or armour and shields would be good.  not just lvl 1 lvl 2 and so on but you have them to work specifically against different kind of weapons.  like the biology research in producing different types of Armour with long term research for over all increases to strength and decreases to cost.

so gen 2 Armour could be exactly the same as gen 1 but i costs 10% less

TheDeadlyShoe:
There was a pretty good book trilogy that used sleeperships (or stasis ships) and timetravel to pretend they had FTL. Teehee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version