Author Topic: Assembling PDC  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Peter Rhodan (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
Assembling PDC
« on: June 18, 2011, 06:37:06 PM »
So OK how do you assign an Engineer BRigade to assemble a PDC - all I managed to do was que it as an industrial project which I don't have any capacity for and then when I cancelled that I lost the PDC completely.
???

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Assembling PDC
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 07:27:30 PM »
There is a bug where you need to have 1 factory on the planet for it to recognize that some industry is present.  I usually just use the sm function to put a construction factory on the planet along with 1000 people and enough infrastructure to support them.  This gets the computer to recognize the engineer brigades and adds them to the construction capabilities of the colony.

Brian

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:42:53 PM »
?  thats weird-- I have 5 engineer brigades in place and have the expected industry..............

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 11:23:20 PM »
?  thats weird-- I have 5 engineer brigades in place and have the expected industry..............
IIRC it lists them correctly on the industry tab of F2, but they never do any work.

John

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 11:34:09 PM »
I have definitely assembled PDCs using only engineers on colonies where I had no construction factories.  Maybe it is necessary to have the engineers in place before setting up the task?

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 11:40:16 PM »
Thats how I did it... the pdc is at 25% completion... sure it won't be done for another 3 years but whatever :)

Offline LtWarhound

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 03:22:39 AM »
Latest version, I've dumped engineers on worlds and had them assemble PDCs, and done the reverse, dumped the PDCs down first, then brought in engineers.  Haven't needed colonists.

Offline Peter Rhodan (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 09:18:30 PM »
Ok some of you have done hte assembling thing - What is the process???

Offline LtWarhound

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »
Drop the PDC parts on the planet, drop the engineers on the planet (or the engineers first, works either way).  F2 screen, Industry tab, select Assemble PDC, select the PDC to be assembled, quantity 1, percent 100 (or whatever you want).

Verify the PDC parts are in the Stockpile (F2 screen, Industry tab) and the engineers are on planet (F2 screen, Ground Units tab).  Verify you have the correct minerals on planet (takes about 10% of the minerals used to make the PDC).

One Engineer Brigade will take just short of forever to assemble a PDC, I tend to use a division or two.

One thing to note, I've seen bugs with PDCs at every step of the process,  making the parts, transporting the parts and assembling the parts.  Sometimes I go through the right steps, and the PDC vanishes.  In those cases I've SM'd a PDC onto the planet, and then after that is mostly works.  Assemble the first one at that colony, verify it worked, then queue the others.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 10:09:18 PM »
ive noted that you cannot drop partial loads of pdc parts.  its annoying.  you must drop them all off and then load #

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 10:35:31 PM »
Drop the PDC parts on the planet, drop the engineers on the planet (or the engineers first, works either way).  F2 screen, Industry tab, select Assemble PDC, select the PDC to be assembled, quantity 1, percent 100 (or whatever you want).

Verify the PDC parts are in the Stockpile
I'm pretty sure it won't let you create the job if the parts aren't there and once you create the job the parts are removed from the stockpile. (I guess it's a bug that if you cancel the assembly the parts aren't put back into the stockpile.)

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 03:33:31 AM »
Latest version, I've dumped engineers on worlds and had them assemble PDCs, and done the reverse, dumped the PDCs down first, then brought in engineers.  Haven't needed colonists.
Chalk it up to an old habit from before when there was a bug.  Thanks for the update.

Brian