Author Topic: v1.10.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 8119 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.10.0 Bugs Thread
« on: May 27, 2020, 09:48:56 AM »
Please post potential bugs in this thread for v1.10.0. The Bug Moderators (Bughunter, Garfunkel, Nori and SpaceMarine) will post bugs into the Confirmed Thread as appropriate. They may ask for more information or clarifications in order to do so, so please help them if you can. They will also point out if something is working as intended or likely due to another issue such as decimal separators

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v1.10.0

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number
The complete error text
The window affected
What you were doing at the time
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: v1.10.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 10:36:13 AM »
Old bug from VB6: cloaking device does not check ship size.

The function number - N/A
The complete error text - N/A
The window affected - Ship class design window
What you were doing at the time - testing
Conventional or TN start - TN
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easily reproduced
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - N/A

In the design below, the cloaking device is rated for 40HS, and this design is obviously above 40HS, but its TCS is still reduced.

To reproduce, design a cloaking device (smaller is better), and put on any ship larger than its rated capacity, and profit :)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 10:47:18 AM »
Old bug from VB6: cloaking device does not check ship size.

The window affected - Ship class design window
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - N/A

In the design below, the cloaking device is rated for 40HS, and this design is obviously above 40HS, but its TCS is still reduced.

To reproduce, design a cloaking device (smaller is better), and put on any ship larger than its rated capacity, and profit :)

Fixed for 1.10.1.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 10:56:15 AM »
I get "No Image found for station: AIStarStation001.png" when starting the game on a fresh install for the first time. This error no longer appears after starting a new game and saving. Not that serious overall, but probably very confusing for new players.
Confirmed. Steve is using an image from one of the player-supplied packs
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:54:33 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 11:05:09 AM »
Repost from 1.9.4 bug thread, still present in 1.10
Missile launchers with 0.4x size/20x reload rate have significantly less crew requirement than missile launchers with 0.3x size/100x reload rate.
The crew requirement of missile launchers increases with increasing size (This makes sense). Missile launchers with the above specifications seem to be an exception to this rule (this is very likely a bug)

The window affected: Components design
What you were doing at the time: Designing a missile launcher
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Trivial. Choose a larger missile size for greater effect.
The rest: N/A

Confirmed, thanks for keeping track and rechecking it. Fixed for next DB release.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:54:53 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 11:23:10 AM »
The function number: 551
The complete error text: object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected: Industry/Shipyards
What you were doing at the time: see below
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Fresh TN start

Steps to reproduce:
  • Start a new TN game. I left almost everything at default, notice that you initially have 0 ship classes designed
  • look at your shipyards. To reproduce, you need at least 2 civilian shipyards with different capacity. Default game put these at 104 and 64kt respectively.
  • Design a civilian ship ("Test Class") with a tonnage between those two capacities. In my case ~90kt
  • Select the larger SY, select retool from the drop down menu, notice the "test class" is automatically selected. Do not click "set activity"
  • Select the small SY. Notice that "test class" is still selected in the retool list (this is the bug. It should not be there, since it's too large. The list is not updated apparently).
  • Click "set activity", you get the message.

Confirmed and Fixed. Only occurs if second shipyard cannot tool any existing class.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:55:24 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »
I get "No Image found for station: AIStarStation001.png" when starting the game on a fresh install for the first time. This error no longer appears after starting a new game and saving. Not that serious overall, but probably very confusing for new players.

me too

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 11:36:31 AM »

me too

Same here. probably there is a new station image?

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 11:39:40 AM »
Not sure if this has been reported or not, but auto-assign FC does not seem to understand multiple MFC for multiple missile tubes.

The window affected - naval organization window, ship combat tab

In the example below, auto-assign FC assigns all missile tubes to the first MFC. To reproduce, design a ship with multiple MFC and multiple missile launchers. Spawn the ship, and in the ship combat tab, click the auto-assign FC button.

Failed to reproduce
Confirmed, after adding ECCM
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:09:01 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Caplin

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 11:53:36 AM »
THere's a bug with the new hotkeys…

The function number: NA
The complete error text: NA
The window affected: Economics, missile design, probably all.
What you were doing at the time: Trying to close windows with alt+F4.
Conventional or TN start: TN, but it doesn't matter.
Random or Real Stars: Real, but again doesn't matter.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well. Not long.

Pressing alt+f4 to close windows no longer appears to work. This was a very useful shortcut in previous versions but seems to have been accidentally broken with the addition of new hotkeys. Workaround is to close the windows from the "System," menu, but that's a bit annoying for keyboard-only users.

Confirmed and Fixed
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:55:43 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 11:55:53 AM »

me too

Same here. probably there is a new station image?

Steve's test game likely used a custom image and it wasn't included in the release. It's safe to ignore.

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 12:00:15 PM »
The "minimum available" checkbox in the movement orders tab is not working correctly. To reproduce: Have 2 military academies and a freighter TG with 50kt cargo capacity (so they can transport 0.1 academies per trip). Select a move order "pick up military academy (min 1 available)" on Earth and "unload all installations" on Luna. Then loop this order more than ten times. The expected behaviour is that after 10 runs the order will abort, because only 1 Academy is left on earth.  But the complete order goes through and I ended up with 0.6 academies on earth, which is less than the minimum (1) specified.

The window affected - naval organization window, movement orders
What you were doing at the time - see above

Offline Caplin

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 12:05:25 PM »
Minor Missing Accessibility Labels and typo  in Missile Design and Turret Design windows

The function number: NA
The complete error text: N
The window affected: Missile and Turret Design
What you were doing at the time: Inspecting the missile and turret design windows.
Conventional or TN start: TN, but doesn't matter.
Random or Real Stars: Real, but doesn't matter.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well. Not long.

Both the missile anturret design windows are missing an accessible label for the "company name," field. It's easy to figure out from context but still a little jarringwhen everything else now has one.

In addition, missile design has a small typo in the description field, "Previous ly designed missile."

Confirmed and Fixed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:56:34 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 12:08:28 PM »
Minor: You can put multiple Jump Point stabilisation modules (even of different types) on a ship. Only one is used and the rest are just dead weight. The game actively prevents you from putting multiple bridges and jump drives on a ship, so this is probably unintended. A solution could be to use the same code that prevents multiple jump drives being put on a ship.

Confirmed and Fixed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:56:53 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 12:25:36 PM »
Reported in 1.9.5 before (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg133819#msg133819), and reproduced in 1.10.0.

4 bugs can be reproduced by the attached DB:
  • Beam weapons do not automatically engage incoming missiles when in area PD mode
  • Beam weapons can fire multiple within the same 5s tick under Area PD mode if a salvo is manually targeted and BFC is ordered to open fire
  • Probably as a result of the above bug, beam weapon power consumption is weird. They do not fire every tick when they should.
  • When Area PD hits targets, the energy impacts shown on the tactical map are on the firing fleet, rather than the target missiles.

The window affected - N/A
What you were doing at the time -testing
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - N/A

This is our (unfortunate) test subject. Note that, all its beam weapon has a ROF of 5 and the power plant has enough power for all of them.
Code: [Select]
Test class Destroyer      12 000 tons       434 Crew       6 842.9 BP       TCS 240    TH 4 800    EM 0
20000 km/s      Armour 5-46       Shields 0-0       HTK 80      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 10      PPV 46
Maint Life 2.63 Years     MSP 3 564    AFR 115%    IFR 1.6%    1YR 729    5YR 10 933    Max Repair 1200 MSP
Captain    Control Rating 2   BRG   CIC   
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months    Morale Check Required   

Inertial Fusion Drive  EP2400.00 (2)    Power 4800    Fuel Use 30.81%    Signature 2400    Explosion 15%
Fuel Capacity 764 000 Litres    Range 37.2 billion km (21 days at full power)

20cm C10 Far X-Ray Laser (2)    Range 600 000km     TS: 20 000 km/s     Power 10-10     RM 80 000 km    ROF 5       
20cm Railgun V80/C12 (2x4)    Range 320 000km     TS: 20 000 km/s     Power 12-12     RM 80 000 km    ROF 5       
Particle Beam-2 (4)    Range 500 000km     TS: 20 000 km/s     Power 5-5    ROF 5       
Beam Fire Control R600-TS40000 (1)     Max Range: 600 000 km   TS: 40 000 km/s     98 97 95 93 92 90 88 87 85 83
Inertial Confinement Fusion Reactor R43 (2)     Total Power Output 86.4    Exp 5%

Active Search Sensor AS78-R1 (1)     GPS 600     Range 78.2m km    MCR 7m km    Resolution 1

ECCM-6 (1)         ECM 60

In the attached DB, the scenario has been set up. 15 salvos of missiles are detected by this ship, belonging to the Martian Republic. Advance the time a bit so the salvos are within its PD fire range, and reverse its course (towards Mars). The ship and missiles have the same speed, so once this step is done, they will remain in range.

The BFC for this ship has been set up for area PD. However, it does not auto fire as seen in the first attached picture.

If a salvo is manually targeted, and the BFC is ordered to open fire, the BFC fires all weapons at each salvo once in the same tick, as seen in the second attached picture.

After this, if time is advanced furthermore, it can be observed that not all weapons will fire in the following ticks. In my test, the particle beams fired 4 ticks after the initial salvo. This is shown in the 3rd attached picture.

And finally, in the above 2 screenshots, the energy contacts are drawn on the fleet itself rather than the missile salvos.

The DB is attached.