Author Topic: Utterly confused by ninja troop landing  (Read 1228 times)

Offline TheDeadlyShoe (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
Utterly confused by ninja troop landing
« on: November 14, 2011, 02:42:34 PM »
I started a game with an NPR on Titan (the "Sacred Council")... which proceeded to do its best to genocide earth in the first week.  It was interesting, but, a little irrelevant. More to the point, in 2028 on my planetary defences detected a new race, Sol Aliens for purposes of this post, but I didn't notice and happily mashed the interval button again. 20 RP left on that damn research and it just wouldnt finish.  So, this new ship (the Ukko, 15000tons) of the new race got to .00001m of earth.  This time I did notice, and immediately ordered my missile defences to open fire.  The next interval, the Ukko vanished completely (at point blank to a 200million range sensor) and a 180strength ground force of the Sacred Council appeared on Earth. My missiles never fired.

The ground force shouldn't be a problem - I have 12 battalions of mobile infantry beyond what you start with - but I'm still massively confused. Did the Ukko vanish into a perfect cloak? Why was it carrying Sacred Council ground troops?  And when I try to rename the Sol Aliens the game generates errors.

EDIT - it sure is a good thing I had those mobile infantry - the Sacred Council troops are marine battalions Oo

Edit - So is this like a cool NPR expendable dropship thing? Oo

Ork Rok? :P

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:51:47 PM by TheDeadlyShoe »

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Utterly confused by ninja troop landing
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:39:59 AM »
I started a game with an NPR on Titan (the "Sacred Council")... which proceeded to do its best to genocide earth in the first week.  It was interesting, but, a little irrelevant. More to the point, in 2028 on my planetary defences detected a new race, Sol Aliens for purposes of this post, but I didn't notice and happily mashed the interval button again. 20 RP left on that damn research and it just wouldnt finish.  So, this new ship (the Ukko, 15000tons) of the new race got to .00001m of earth.  This time I did notice, and immediately ordered my missile defences to open fire.  The next interval, the Ukko vanished completely (at point blank to a 200million range sensor) and a 180strength ground force of the Sacred Council appeared on Earth. My missiles never fired.

The ground force shouldn't be a problem - I have 12 battalions of mobile infantry beyond what you start with - but I'm still massively confused. Did the Ukko vanish into a perfect cloak? Why was it carrying Sacred Council ground troops?  And when I try to rename the Sol Aliens the game generates errors.

EDIT - it sure is a good thing I had those mobile infantry - the Sacred Council troops are marine battalions Oo

Edit - So is this like a cool NPR expendable dropship thing? Oo

Ork Rok? :P

What time interval did you use?  5 sec I hope.
Welchbloke