Author Topic: Stockpile doesn't accept unloaded minerals?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Mirage (OP)

• Leading Rate
Stockpile doesn't accept unloaded minerals?
« on: February 24, 2013, 03:09:36 AM »
Hey guys, I just started playing Aurora a few days ago so appologies for the noobish level. 

(1) I have a question related to how mineral stock gets updated.  As I understand it incoming mineral package quantities get displayed in the "Mass Driver +/-" column and then added to the stockpile, right? However in the two games I played so far, mineral packages send to Earth don't seem to get added to the stockpile AT ALL! The mass driver column displays positive numbers but the stock quantities just won't accept the incoming minerals.
I tried redirecting packages to colonies like Luna and Mars, where it does seem to add to the stock so I'm a bit worried.  Earth is running dry without a means of resupply.  I tried shipping minerals over with freighters but that doesn't seem to make any difference either (again, it works fine for other colonies).  Stockpiles do increase but only through Earth's own mining nothing else. . . until it runs dry.  Then everything dies  :-\

Has anyone encountered something like this before, or know of a way to fix it? I've searched the forums but found nothing.  Is it a bug or something that I'm missing in how stock updates work?

(2) I need some help interpreting the class design menu.  Where can I see the tonnage of the ship? I'm trying to figure out which numbers to compare when deciding whether a ship will fit in a shipyard.

(3) Which directory is the class text file typically written to? It's not in Aurora's folder. . .

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
Re: Stockpile doesn't accept unloaded minerals?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:16:28 AM »
1) Don't know. Might be a bug. I seem to recall having some problems with mass drivers recently. You sure you're looking at the correct column for stockpile? That your factories aren't just eating it faster than your external mines can supply? Earth tends to have an order or two of magnitude more mines than external colonies. Could be that the other minerals just don't dent it.

2) In the summary/description, shown in 'Full Summary View', and 'Design View'

Arenig Fach class Freighter    32,850 tons     95 Crew     456.7 BP      TCS 657  TH 750  EM 0
1141 km/s     Armour 1-91     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 9    Max Repair 37.5 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 2   
Cargo 25000    Cargo Handling Multiplier 10   

150 EP Commercial Ion Drive (5)    Power 150    Fuel Use 11.93%    Signature 150    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 400,000 Litres    Range 18.4 billion km   (186 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

3) The main database most likely. Just copy it off the class design window.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:07:19 PM »
Hey guys, I just started playing Aurora a few days ago so appologies for the noobish level.  

No apologies needed: noobish level is what The Academy is intended for.

The conversion from Hull Spaces (HS) to tons is 1 HS = 50 tons.

Have Fun!
John

Offline Mirage (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »
Thanks guys!
From what I can tell all my troubles were related to a combination of windows messing up database access and country settings.  If other people should encounter this problem: reinstall Aurora outside program files and make sure country settings are set up properly!

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »
Text files are found in:

C:\Logs

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 01:11:01 PM »
As for 1):
The mass driver column seems a bit wonky, I think it updates the +/- every increment or even sub-pulse, but new ressources only arrive when a package hits your planet. If you're looking at the planet that's sending out packages, try looking at its industry tab immediately after the construction cycle - And if you're looking at the reciving planet, let the mass driver packages be displayed in the F3 screen and carefully aim your increments so you can be sure a package arrives just last increment / pulse.

Even if your +/- column appears empty most of the time, the ressources arrive just fine. I'm supplying the majority of my industry with mass drivers in my most recent 6.21 game and it works just fine :)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »
The mass driver column seems a bit wonky, I think it updates the +/- every increment or even sub-pulse, but new ressources only arrive when a package hits your planet. If you're looking at the planet that's sending out packages, try looking at its industry tab immediately after the construction cycle - And if you're looking at the reciving planet, let the mass driver packages be displayed in the F3 screen and carefully aim your increments so you can be sure a package arrives just last increment / pulse.

I logged a bug/suggestion on this years ago - don't remember if it ever got fixed.  IIRC, mass packets would arrive just before the +/- got updated, so you wouldn't see their effects in the numbers....  It might not have been this exactly, but I think it was something similar to this.

John