Author Topic: How to learn the design of captured missiles  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
How to learn the design of captured missiles
« on: April 01, 2017, 04:17:09 PM »
My ground forces have managed to occupy some enemy listening posts. At two of them stockpiles of one of types of enemy missiles were found.
Is there a way for me to at least learn the design and stats of these missiles? I don't see them in missile design screen and there is no disassemble option at Industry screen.

Offline TT

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
Re: How to learn the design of captured missiles
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 09:45:32 PM »
Can you assign them as ordinance in the ship design screen?  that should give you the basic stats in the ship summary.

The following users thanked this post: Detros

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 04:38:27 AM »
Can you assign them as ordinance in the ship design screen?  that should give you the basic stats in the ship summary.
Oh, right, they are there.
I am not using missiles myself so I had to have my collier selected as that to see them there as that is the only currently used design that actually has big ammo storage (and my prehistoric missile fighters have too small launchers). Weird you can see the list of fighters for all ships (tankers...) but missiles just for those that can actually load them. And that "Ignore size restriction" only shows bigger missiles for those small fighters so... if you don't have any magazine researched you can't actually see foreign missile designs? I guess that suggested Missile Overview screen would help.

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 08:26:45 AM »
Try the Technology window.

The following users thanked this post: Detros

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »
Try the Technology window.
Yes,. the stats are there. It didn't occur to me missiles are also in the list of Tech components. But well, turrets are here too.

But that still doesn't tell me their design.

Say I want to produce this captured design. I seem to not be able to do so directly with this enemy design, either because I lack the engines (hmm, now where to steal those) or because of the obsoleteness which is set to N/A and can't be changed.

But if I can see this design in Missle design or similar screen I can design my own copy of these missiles once I know the power of engine used, how much fuel it has...