Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 53956 times)

Offline Lornalt

• Petty Officer
  • L
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2020, 10:21:28 PM »
When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number
None
The complete error text
None
The window affected
Award Medal Screen
What you were doing at the time
Awarding Medals
Conventional or TN start
TN Start
Random or Real Stars
Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?
its a .
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
Easy to do
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
58 Years

1st Issue:
The issue is when awarding medals to a admin command group with squadrons attached. Once I select the type of officers to be awarded the medal with and click award, Only the Naval Admin Commander isn't awarded a medal.

2nd Issue:
The 2nd Issue is during multiple awards of a medal the points does not increase promotion score. Now this one used to work in VB6, now I'm not sure if this is the same for C# so I'm less sure that this is a bug. Also the medal just gets replaced? not a new one?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 11:35:24 PM by Lornalt »

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2020, 10:55:01 AM »
The function number: n/a
The complete error text: : n/a
The window affected: fleet window
What you were doing at the time: n/a
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 82 years

When you shipyard-repair a ship that still had open repair tasks in the damage control screen it will keep repairing the now undamaged components once you load new MSP.
You now have to remove the repair tasks one by one.

Offline Lornalt

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #227 on: July 20, 2020, 03:56:56 AM »
The function number
None
The complete error text
None
The window affected
Award Medal Screen
Awarding Medals
Conventional or TN start
TN Start
Random or Real Stars
Real Stars
its a .
Easy to do
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
62 Years

Issue:
If you delete an Admin Command without unassigning the officers the officers will retain the position unless you unassign them.

Update to this Issue: The Admin Commands unassigned will remain in the admin command list for commanders but they don't exist in the Naval Org list.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 01:24:50 AM by Lornalt »

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2020, 05:41:03 AM »
The function number: n/a
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: n/a
What you were doing at the time: rescuing survivors
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: unsure, could be easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 85 years

After a fight with spoilers there are no active sensors left on the enemy side, yet the STOs keep shooting at my fleet. Only at my ships though, the boarded ships are perfectly save in orbit of the planet. As if the AI has a memory of previously detected ships. Something odd: the shots were attributed to a ships class of which all known hulls are destroyed, the Akmolinsk. Maybe because they are the first in the list? That is inconsistent as well, it didn't happen when I reloaded the save.
The fight was in Gliese 408.
Leaving the System with the battlefleet and returning to pick up the boarding crews seems to reset it.

---------------
Fleets retain "special" orders as possible orders, even if the conditions are not met anymore. This resets when reloading a save. Orders like unload survivors or the various resupply orders even if the survivors are unloaded and the supply ships detached.

Offline Kirkegaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2020, 10:18:40 AM »
The Instant research function do not check that you have more or equal "Instant Research Points" to the cost of the technology. So you can complete any research even if it costs more than you have. When you do so, IRP goes to 0 and the "Instant" button disappears, so it is a one time error.

I suggest changing it so, you only gain the research for the IRP you actually have.

The function number: NA
The complete error text: NA
The window affected: Research
What you were doing at the time: Pressing "Instant"
Conventional or TN start: Conv
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 103 years

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #230 on: July 21, 2020, 11:30:59 AM »
It seems that beginning an Overhaul at a Fleet (rather than a colony) causes the fleet doing the overhaul to stop in space, while the celestial body carries on. The effect of this is that the overhauling fleet no longer has a reducing maintenance clock (so isn't really overhauling), still counts as in Overhaul, and cannot abandon the overhaul as the fleet is no longer co-located with the maintenance fleet. The only fix I've found is to SM-teleport the overhaul'ing fleet to another planet to finish the overhaul.

In the attached DB, see the "Aragorn" system with the fleet "SS Yellow River". It has an order to begin overhaul at the Fleet "Maintenance Base - Aragon". Advance time and you'll see the fleet get the [OV] marker in the system view, and advance time again to clearly see that the fleet is stuck in space, while the comet that the Maintenance Base is orbiting carries on. Apologies, there's a few orders completing so you may need to advance in 1-day incredemts 2-3 times before it'll actually advance a full day and make the issue obvious.

I also believe this is trivially recreatable with any ship-board maintenance modules and the fleet is in orbit of a body.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including: N/A
The function number N/A
The complete error text N/A
The window affected N/A
What you were doing at the time Order a fleet to overhaul at a fleet that is orbiting a body
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? 100% reproducible
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: ~60 years

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2020, 02:33:30 PM »
Smaller issue not sure if it was reported.

The function number: NA
The complete error text: NA
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Not sure but it seems to happen when planet has trojan asteroids.

So I noticed that some of the gas giants have moons that are numbered wrong. For example giant has 24 moons but they are numbered as 39 - 63. There are no moons numbered 1 - 38. I believe those are always giants with trojan asteroids. I noticed that sometimes trojans are numbered as the missing moons would be, so for example they have numbers 1 - 38 and then moons are 39 - 63. But unfortunately its not that way always so it may just be coincidence.

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2020, 05:30:02 AM »
The function number: 1333
The complete error text: it is in German but it says the key wasn't found in the dictionary
What you were doing at the time: booting the game up
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? probably hard
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 87 years

I lost all AI controlled opponents. There used to be precursors, there last known presence was in GJ 1028, and there was an NPR in 82 Eridani that also claimed the neighbouring system of Giclas 9-38. Nothing in the Intelligence window either, as if they never existed.

The previous save still has the AI opponents. I got error messages when disassembling things from scrapped precursor ships. Not sure if that is related, but I think that was already before the last save with working opponents and might have been when the disassembly would have given enough RP to finish the tech. But I still had to do the last couple of RP with a scientist (which would be appropriate, someone who knows what they are doing should look over the data. :D)

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2020, 11:44:15 AM »
The function number: 1333
The complete error text: it is in German but it says the key wasn't found in the dictionary
What you were doing at the time: booting the game up
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? probably hard
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 87 years

I lost all AI controlled opponents. There used to be precursors, there last known presence was in GJ 1028, and there was an NPR in 82 Eridani that also claimed the neighbouring system of Giclas 9-38. Nothing in the Intelligence window either, as if they never existed.

The previous save still has the AI opponents. I got error messages when disassembling things from scrapped precursor ships. Not sure if that is related, but I think that was already before the last save with working opponents and might have been when the disassembly would have given enough RP to finish the tech. But I still had to do the last couple of RP with a scientist (which would be appropriate, someone who knows what they are doing should look over the data. :D)
I had the exact same thing happen. I disassembled precursor components, then completed the research project (I used instant rather than a scientist). Then all the AI opponents and their wrecks vanished.

Offline Lurker

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2020, 01:34:30 PM »
The window affected
Fleet organization

Moving or deleting admin commands. Or moving fleets between admin commands

Conventional or TN start
Conventional

Random or Real Stars
Real Stars

its a .

3 times at 22 year game

When I Moving or deleting admin commands or moving fleets between admin commands. Fleets or a admin commands can dissapear from fleet organization windows.
Ships, fleets and admins commands remain in main map window, commanders window and continue produsing protection, but i cant make new orders for him.

possible reasons:
I have up to 8 admin command levels.
I have 2560x1440 monitor and use windows 1.5x scale (mb i drag and drop to "impossible" space?)
I use kirilic in game.
save-load can't help me return fleets or admin commands.

UPD
its easy to reproduse in my save.
make 3 level admin commands (where 1th is root)
move fleet to 3th level.
delete 2nd level.

I dont know where is save file and I add to archive all folder
https://yadi.sk/d/Nhtv9wmzAFUO1w

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:49:16 AM by Lurker »

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2020, 03:38:47 AM »
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11231.msg131041#msg131041

Fighters still fail to load or unload Cryogenic Storage - Emergency at planets w/o a Cargo Shuttle Station despite being able to load / unload Troops. If they can land on planets, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to unload colonists from cryo.

I know I'm being a bit of a pain in the arse about this, but I really wanna use fighters to drop Ground Unit Construction to build Infra, then have fighters ferry colonists to the new world. Yes, I know I could "just use a regular ship", but I really wanna Role-Play tiny shuttle ferries in a budding Earth empire...

Offline Lornalt

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2020, 06:58:40 AM »
The function number
None
The complete error text
None
The window affected
Award Medal Screen
Awarding Medals
Conventional or TN start
TN Start
Random or Real Stars
Real Stars
its a .
Easy to do

Issue: Cannot assign higher rank commanders too Fleet commander positions on flag bridges. Ie. Ship has command FLG slot for a R5 Officer, trying to assign a R6 and above to the slot and the game will alert "(Officer Name) is not the required rank for this assignment"

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2020, 10:56:43 AM »
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11231.msg131041#msg131041

Fighters still fail to load or unload Cryogenic Storage - Emergency at planets w/o a Cargo Shuttle Station despite being able to load / unload Troops. If they can land on planets, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to unload colonists from cryo.

I know I'm being a bit of a pain in the arse about this, but I really wanna use fighters to drop Ground Unit Construction to build Infra, then have fighters ferry colonists to the new world. Yes, I know I could "just use a regular ship", but I really wanna Role-Play tiny shuttle ferries in a budding Earth empire...
As someone who used tiny rescue shuttles in combat back in VB6 with great results, I second that! Would really appreciate this to be settled.

Offline esavier

• Petty Officer
  • e
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2020, 02:37:30 AM »
    The function number : N/A
    The complete error text : N/A
    The window affected : N/A
    What you were doing at the time : N/A
    Conventional or TN start : Conventional
    Random or Real Stars : Random
    Is your decimal separator a comma? : no
    Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? : happens every game
    If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - ~120yrs

Clean Aurora4x 1.11.0 database attached; 4 loaded minelayers are operating in Gliese 408 system.
2 stage buoy, with one stage containing no engines, nothing but active sensor. Secod stage consist of 8 missiles 20M km separation and 25M km range.
Launched via "launch ready ordinance" order near the jump point.
* Ordinance is spent, but missile does not show up
* Buoy designed with active sensor does not show up on system map. 
* Buoy does not have sensor range (and does not contribute to detection)

Offline Kirkegaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2020, 10:10:32 AM »
When choosing the "Scrap" options on a shipyard, you have the options to chose civilia