Author Topic: Can't get a fleet to jump  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Can't get a fleet to jump
« on: January 08, 2015, 09:22:23 AM »
I seem to be having an issue and hope it is something I have overlooked. I took a fleet into a newly discovered system to deal with some enemy vessels there, after the battle I found I could not transit back through the jump point to head home for tea and medals. The command ship which also has the jump drive was undamaged expect for some armour pot holes, in addition all other ships had completed damage control so the only damage the fleet was suffering was to armour. Eventually I used SM to teleport the fleet back to Earth and used shipyards to conduct repairs, Once completed and the fleet had refueled and restocked I tried to send them on a patrol. However I still cannot jump, jump gates work fine and I can pass through them as expected. But any standard jump point always returns the message that the fleet cannot jump as they are suffering the effects of a recent transit.

I am aware that jump drives need time to cool down before they can be used again, however the total time elapsed between first jumping into the system for battle and leaving the shipyards after repairs are now well over a year. I have other ships of the exact same design who are working as normal and can happily travel across systems jumping at points with no errors. Is there some known bug that means a ship for some reason fails to remove a tag that shows it as recently gone through a jump transit, or is there something I am not doing?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Can't get a fleet to jump
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 09:54:25 AM »
This has never happened to me and I have never noticed a cool down. This is a strange "bug" indeed. (This topic also belongs in bugs)
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 09:55:41 AM »
If a mod can move it to bugs that would be good. I was not sure if it was just an error or I had missed something.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 01:03:51 PM »
If a mod can move it to bugs that would be good. I was not sure if it was just an error or I had missed something.

It should be posted to the appropriate version thread for bugs rather than a general message.