Author Topic: Moving ships between fleets  (Read 226 times)

Noriad and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Moving ships between fleets
« on: Yesterday at 01:30:32 AM »
It's basic, but I admit I don't know if there is a solution. Is it possible to move several ships at once from one fleet to another? Ctrl-click does not work for multi-selection, but I can't imagine that after all these years Steve is still moving 36 fighters, one click at a time, from one fleet to another (fighters, FACs, or whatever; you get the idea!).

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Moving ships between fleets
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 04:31:00 AM »
It's basic, but I admit I don't know if there is a solution. Is it possible to move several ships at once from one fleet to another? Ctrl-click does not work for multi-selection, but I can't imagine that after all these years Steve is still moving 36 fighters, one click at a time, from one fleet to another (fighters, FACs, or whatever; you get the idea!).

Multi-select works on the ship list for each fleet. Use shift-click or ctrl-click to select, then detach and drag to target.

Or set your fighters up in a strikegroup using squadrons and then detach that.

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:22:32 AM »
Oh I see, in the RIGHT hand list! It never occurred to me to test multi-detach from there, thanks!

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 01:01:05 PM »
Oh I see, in the RIGHT hand list! It never occurred to me to test multi-detach from there, thanks!

Yes, the tree view is a Microsoft control and it doesn't allow multi-select.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5