Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 69245 times)

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #300 on: December 22, 2020, 07:29:14 AM »
EDIT: Not actually a bug! As was helpfully pointed out to me the bases are just producing MSP.

Game Year: 2050
Start: Trans-Newtonian
Stars: Random
Decimal Separator: Period

I recently moved several Maintenance Facilities to a LG research colony with an 80% P&P Ancient Construct. In orbit of the colony are 10 Orbital Habitats, all of the same model:

Code: [Select]
Sitting Bull class Orbital Habitat      2,504,443 tons       160 Crew       1,159.1 BP       TCS 50,089    TH 0    EM 0
1 km/s      No Armour       Shields 0-0     HTK 131      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 0    Max Repair 200 MSP
Habitation Capacity 1,000,000   
Dictator    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a Space Station for construction purposes

There are no other ships in orbit at this time, however, the "Mining" tab for the colony now shows that Duranium/Uridium/Gallicite are starting to be consumed for "Maintenance." I would have expected that Commercial Vessels would not consume any minerals for maintenance as they don't have a Maintenance Clock. Is that not correct?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 02:30:03 PM by ChubbyPitbull »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #301 on: December 22, 2020, 10:20:00 AM »
Maintenance consumption is the minerals used for producing MSP, which is done passively in maintenance facilities unless explicitly turned off in the industry tab.

Not a bug :-)

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull

Offline Kylemmie

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #302 on: December 22, 2020, 10:24:48 AM »
The Maintenance Facilities have two functions.

1) Regular Maintenance on ships in orbit to stop the 'clock' or overhaul and reset it
2) Produce MSP.  I believe this is the mineral usage you are seeing. On the main colony summary tab there is a spot on the right for Fuel and MSP stockpile amounts if on a planet. You should see MSP rise on that planet when not short of minerals.

If you just want the Maintenance for ships in orbit and don't want MSP production (or the out of mineral alerts), shut them down on the colony industrial tab.  They should still provide orbital maintenance but stop trying to produce MSP.

Also, this is one of the main differences between Maintenance Facilities and Maintenance Modules (for orbital bases). I don't believe Modules can produce MSP - just provide maintenance. Still convenient for FOB's, just big sloppy pie in the face the one time I got the bright idea of creating a MSP producing base in an empty important crossroads system. Built and moved over 100M tons of bases 5 systems over and when it was all set and I flipped the switch.....nada....no MSP production...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 10:26:23 AM by Kylemmie »

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #303 on: December 22, 2020, 04:22:32 PM »
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945.  msg144947#msg144947 date=1608578995
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945.  msg144945#msg144945 date=1608578569
I think there was a warning when I was saving, but it saved successfully.    I don’t remember what it was exactly, is there a log or warnings/errors?

I don't think errors are logged anywhere. 

If there was an error message while saving, that was probably related to whatever weirdness deleted all these ship classes. 

Does the game give an error if you try to save again?

I have started a new game, and this error appeared after a few 30 day skips.   Do you think it could be related to the previous game bug? I think it is similar to the message I got when saving before
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 04:25:28 PM by ivangorin21 »

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #304 on: December 22, 2020, 04:48:57 PM »
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945.  msg144947#msg144947 date=1608578995
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945.  msg144945#msg144945 date=1608578569
I think there was a warning when I was saving, but it saved successfully.    I don’t remember what it was exactly, is there a log or warnings/errors?

I don't think errors are logged anywhere. 

If there was an error message while saving, that was probably related to whatever weirdness deleted all these ship classes. 

Does the game give an error if you try to save again?

I have started a new game, and this error appeared after a few 30 day skips.   Do you think it could be related to the previous game bug? I think it is similar to the message I got when saving before
I don't recognize the function number. Can you make a full report with the info on what you were doing when the error message popped?

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #305 on: December 22, 2020, 05:52:33 PM »
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945. msg145039#msg145039 date=1608677337
I don't recognize the function number.  Can you make a full report with the info on what you were doing when the error message popped?

Function number: 2939
Error text: 1. 12. 0 Function #2939: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Window affected: Main window
Start: TN
Stars: Random
Decimal separator: period
Reproducible: No, tried a couple of times with a backup, could not reproduce the bug

Just started a new game, assigned the governor and research and was on 30 day autoturn, then the error appeared.  After I clicked OK the game froze, I closed it with task manager.  I had a backup of the database saved before any turns made (January 1 2025), tried using it to recreate the bug but it didn't happen. 

I also have a backup of the database from my previous game, where several ships disappeared in game without any messages (the discussion of this bug is in my previous messages).  I got a similar error to this one (I think the same number, but not sure) when saving the previous game, so it may be related.  In this database I found that the ships that disappeared (my ship Astrakhan 001 and a few civilian ships, for example Ectelion Small F7 001) are still in FCT_Ship, but their classes are missing in FCT_ShipClass.  Also, in the gamelog there are many messages about NPR ships running out of fuel, not sure if it is relevant. 

I couldn't attach the db to the post for some reason.

Edit: here is the .db: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=20412646311680459930
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 05:58:36 PM by ivangorin21 »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #306 on: December 23, 2020, 02:42:57 AM »
Ships with destroyed components such as box launchers and magazines are able to load the respective ammo resulting in a percentage of ordnance higher than 100%.

The correct behaviour should be that such ships shouldn't be able to load any ordnance for destroyed components (>100% damage on damage control screen)

It is okay for damaged ones (<100% damage on damage control screen)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #307 on: December 24, 2020, 06:49:26 AM »
1.12 unmodded
Was doing some troubleshooting for someone on the EnterElysium discord

When a ship that has both gauss and CIWS pd and is targeted by missiles, the PD weapons of the ship itself fires as usual. However, gauss weapons located on other ships in the fleet do not help the affected ship.

Probably the CIWS FDF Self-only step is skipping the rest of the fleets turn to fire or something

Offline Silvarelion

• S
« Reply #308 on: December 24, 2020, 06:55:48 AM »
Seems like the exploding carrier/tanker bug is back again, from 1.11.0

Version: 1.12.0
Dec Sep: .
Any game length.

Add mostly hangers to a ship with plenty of MSP.  Start fleet training.  Extreme designs can blow up in the first 5 day increment.  Saner designs blow up within 6 months when deployment and maintenance are both measured in years, with no record of low MSP, and indeed, many years worth still in storage.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.
  ~The Mistake Not, Hydrogen Sonata, Iain Banks

Offline slevir

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #309 on: December 24, 2020, 04:04:11 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug, but orbital-only colonies, when reaching maximum population, do not stop growing, and the population "overflowing" to surface starts building infrastructure there. 

How to reproduce with SM:
- start new game with default settings, make a colony on Venus, make an orbital habitat for 1m people, move it to Venus.   Designate it as military only for good measure. 
- give the habitat exactly 1m people using SM.   Note that "Annual growth rate (Orbital Habitat)" is 10%. 
- go 5 days forward (screenshot 1).   It still shows "population 1.  00m", but "Annual growth rate (Surface)" becomes negative, which tells us there's actually a bit more than 1m people in the colony.   The homeless were sent to the surface apparently. 
- go another 5 days forward (screenshot 2).   Some infrastructure appears on the surface.   The colony is military only, and the game is only 10 days in so there's no civilian shipping yet.   It appears that colonists have built infrastructure themselves. 

This is certainly useful in some cases, but in cases like Venus (or any other high colony cost rock) this makes maintaining orbital-only habitation impossible without constantly moving people off the colony. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 04:09:48 PM by slevir »

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #310 on: December 24, 2020, 05:47:35 PM »
Fun little UI bug I found by accident:

The function number: #3210
The complete error text: Object of type 'g8' can't be converted to 'i4' (roughly translated)
The window affected: Naval Organization, movement orders tab.
What you were doing at the time: See steps to reproduce
Conventional or TN start: doesn't matter
Random or Real Stars: doesn't matter
Is your decimal separator a comma?: dot
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: always reproducible
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: doesn't matter

Steps to reproduce:
  • Go to movement orders in the naval organization window and select a fleet. "system locations" should be selected by default, so you can see jump points, planets, etc. in the destination list.
  • Select "Autoroute by system". You should see the list of systems connected via Jump Gate network.
  • Now select one of the display options on the right e.g. display "Wrecks". The destination list will now show the planetes and jump points etc, but the selector will still show "autoroute by system"
  • Double click a destination in the list, e.g. Earth. The error message shows up.

Expected behaviour: In step 3, either the destination list should still show the systems list (preferred), or the selector and list should go back to showing in-system locations like planets, wrecks etc.

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #311 on: December 24, 2020, 08:01:26 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug, but orbital-only colonies, when reaching maximum population, do not stop growing, and the population "overflowing" to surface starts building infrastructure there. 

How to reproduce with SM:
- start new game with default settings, make a colony on Venus, make an orbital habitat for 1m people, move it to Venus.   Designate it as military only for good measure. 
- give the habitat exactly 1m people using SM.   Note that "Annual growth rate (Orbital Habitat)" is 10%. 
- go 5 days forward (screenshot 1).   It still shows "population 1.  00m", but "Annual growth rate (Surface)" becomes negative, which tells us there's actually a bit more than 1m people in the colony.   The homeless were sent to the surface apparently. 
- go another 5 days forward (screenshot 2).   Some infrastructure appears on the surface.   The colony is military only, and the game is only 10 days in so there's no civilian shipping yet.   It appears that colonists have built infrastructure themselves. 

This is certainly useful in some cases, but in cases like Venus (or any other high colony cost rock) this makes maintaining orbital-only habitation impossible without constantly moving people off the colony.

Unfortunately not a bug WAI. It was discussed on other posts to change it but so far no words from Steve.

Also not all players agreed, maybe 7 out of 10.

The following users thanked this post: slevir

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #312 on: December 24, 2020, 08:28:28 PM »
I don't follow how that makes it impossible. The infrastructure comes free doesn't it?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #313 on: December 24, 2020, 08:44:26 PM »
I don't follow how that makes it impossible. The infrastructure comes free doesn't it?

I think he means Orbital Habitat Only = Impossible, which is true.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #314 on: December 24, 2020, 08:48:04 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but if a fire control is destroyed while set to open fire, it can't be told to cease fire, leading to endless 5 second increments forcing you to SM repair it and turn it off again.