Author Topic: Keyboard shortcuts not functioning  (Read 1045 times)

Offline moody (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • m
Keyboard shortcuts not functioning
« on: September 07, 2020, 04:07:53 AM »
As the title says my keyboard binds aren't working.

As I'm new to the game I don't know many shortcuts except the F3 (System Map window) and the shift + click to measure distance as noted in Steve's tutorial part 2 (aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=1953. 0).  However they don't seem to work.

I have changed my regional format settings to English (United Kingdom) as Steve mentions in part 2 (aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=1952. 0) of the tutorial: "If you are living in a country which uses the comma (,) for decimal separator, then while playing Aurora you have to switch the Regional Settings of your computer over to US or UK or another country that uses the period (. ) as the decimal separator.  [. . . ]"

Thank you in advance!

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
Re: Keyboard shortcuts not functioning
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 09:56:13 AM »
Are you running version 1.11 of the game? There were a few bugs in this are in the last complete installer, you'll need to grab the 1.11 patch to fix them.

Offline moody (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 09:58:30 AM »
I'm running 1. 51 full.

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 10:28:02 AM »
As that is 1.5.1 and is about 6 major steps behind the current 1.11.0, you might want to upgrade. I might be wrong, but Shortcut Keys were introduced after 1.5.1 iirc. One Bugfix note of 1.11 is the fix to Alt-F4 with the "new" Hotkeys so that might be a hint.

Offline moody (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 10:31:32 AM »
Whoops! I see.  I thought 1. 51 was the latest.  Thank you!