Author Topic: Enemy Agents Captured + Team Captured  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Jumpp (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • J
Enemy Agents Captured + Team Captured
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:44:26 PM »
I just got the following two messages in my Event Updates:

Team Captured, N/A, Leon Iqbal Espionage Team has been captured by Unknown Race!
Enemy Agents captured, N/A, An espionage team from the Unknown Race has been captured while operating on our territory!

I'd forgotten about Leon's team.  If memory serves, I set them up ages ago, on a colony on which I'd accidentally dug up some spoilers which were at the time gnawing on my engineers.  That was a long time ago.

Should I expect to find POWs somewhere in one of my colonies?  I've checked them all and I didn't see any.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: Enemy Agents Captured + Team Captured
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 02:17:53 PM »
Hi,

in a new test game I also got this message (2 Fractions on earth, each are spying on the other one):

US: Valencia Vidulich Espionage Team has been captured by United Europe!
UE: An espionage team from the United States of America has been captured while operating on our territory!

I did not know that this is possible - but I welcome it. However I cannot find that team anywhere in the POW camps of the UE. Or anywhere else. Are they "killed" or can they be used for "bargaining"? I guess the USA does want them back (well, I would roleplay it that way... .)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 06:34:40 AM »
Hi,

in a new test game I also got this message (2 Fractions on earth, each are spying on the other one):

US: Valencia Vidulich Espionage Team has been captured by United Europe!
UE: An espionage team from the United States of America has been captured while operating on our territory!

I did not know that this is possible - but I welcome it. However I cannot find that team anywhere in the POW camps of the UE. Or anywhere else. Are they "killed" or can they be used for "bargaining"? I guess the USA does want them back (well, I would roleplay it that way... .)

They are not treated as POW. They are effectively killed. Captured just means the enemy nation gained some intelligence from the team first.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 01:13:50 PM »
It might be interesting to have them as "POW"s. They were probably caught while obtaining important information - and they might have it now, but are not telling if they have. So they would be important for the sending nation to get them back. Paying something for them but have a high change roll for obtaining vital information when they are released... .

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 12:07:39 PM »
Does an espionage team on my home planet add to the chances of detecting an enemy espionage Team when I don't put them in active service on another Planet?

Offline Starmantle

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 12:49:02 AM »
This is a really cool feature.