Author Topic: Missing Information  (Read 1136 times)

Offline stoker (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
Missing Information
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:14:21 AM »
Hi, i have just downloaded and patched to the newest version of this game, and have been trying to play it :P.  I was following some tutorial posts, from an old version I think! I was being taken through designing a freighter ship (I noticed with the other ship designs the numbers are different on my game to the tutorial, so I assumed its a newer version?) and it came to the point where I need to add the cargo handeling system, to reduce the time taken to load the ship! In the tutorial it said this time can be found on the left hand side of the class design view, just above a list of the materials required to build it, and it should be something around 10 days and 10 hours.  I looked, the time and the list of materials arent there.  I can find a list of the materials on another tab in that screen, but I have looked, and cant find the time to load anywhere, or the time it will take to build! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards Stoker.

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
Re: Missing Information
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 07:08:43 AM »
Changes for 6.x resulted in the load time information getting squeezed out of view when playing with reduced size windows. Build time was also squeezed out.

I vaguely remember the base load time being about 2 days per 5,000 tons of freight capacity. Cargo modules provide a 5x loading multiplier per module, so a basic 25,000 ton cargo freighter should take 10 days to load with zero cargo handling, 2 days to load with one cargo handling module, 1 day with two cargo handling modules, 16 hours with three, 12 hours with four, etc.

Offline stoker (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »
Okay thanks for the quick reply.  Is there any way to fix it? :s.  It is really annoying! haha.

Regards Stoker.

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »
There is a fix, but the fix is usually more annoying than the problems.

The only way to see that information is to open the window without the reduced size option selected, so real trick is to make your screen area taller. Some graphics cards will allow you to select a higher resolution than the monitor causing the displayed view to scroll over the desktop as you move the mouse. If that isn't an option for you then you'll need to find a 3rd party software that makes it possible. Alternatively, the simplest and most annoying 'fix' of them all is to change your screen orientation from landscape to portrait. You may need to tilt your head sideways, but letting the right side get cut off rather than the bottom should uncover the missing load times.

Personally, I usually just guess at the number of cargo modules needed and remain blissfully unaware of the exact load times for my ships.