Author Topic: Old Player Asking about Kinetic Weapons and Engines, Defences  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Tor Cha (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
Old Player Asking about Kinetic Weapons and Engines, Defences
« on: February 22, 2016, 11:30:54 PM »
I have Played Star-fire over 3-4 Years then With the PC Assistant for a few Years.  What ever Happened to the Race that Moved there
Whole Planet into Space and fled  there Star System to After Months to Years To Arrive In Terran Space?  Is that Tech Going to be Added
to Or is it all ready In Aurora? If so where is it?

Offline iceball3

• Captain
Re: Old Player Asking about Kinetic Weapons and Engines, Defences
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:47:44 AM »
I have Played Star-fire over 3-4 Years then With the PC Assistant for a few Years.  What ever Happened to the Race that Moved there
Whole Planet into Space and fled  there Star System to After Months to Years To Arrive In Terran Space?  Is that Tech Going to be Added
to Or is it all ready In Aurora? If so where is it?
Currently, massive quantities of cargo ships, tugs, cryo pods, and hangar ships might allow you to planet hop a bit. No matter what you do, though, a significant portion of your population is going to be left behind, simply because hundreds of millions of people to move is a LOT of people.
Fact of the matter is, logically speaking with how the system works, if you have the fuel and sustain asset to move a fleet to another system like that, you could very well do a much more cheaper method of moving industry and population assets to out to a suitable planet as part of the colonization process, which you would have discovered, having that technology, yes?
Once you get any degree of presence, the best thing to do in response to a swarm invasion is, if time allows, pack up any extremely important assets (shipyards come to mind), and then drop them off on your developed colony while your PDC covered homeworld makes a last stand.

Offline Tor Cha (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 01:00:46 AM »
I think you do not get What i am asking

In the Old Star Fire Right Before the Bug war A New Race Entered the Terran,Orion, And Others Warp Lines.  They Had Cloaking tech that
Allowed them to Scan,Watch, And Chart Most of the Empires.  During or Right After the Bug war but before Insurrection They Came out of
there Hiding.  Fighting Off Pirates that Had attacked the Other Empires Fleets.  What Ever Happened to the New Race that Helped the Terran,Orion and Others?? They Had the same Tech as the Fed,Orion and Others, But Also had Kinetic Weapons And Engines that Would Jump you out of a System without Entering the Warp point, and dropping you in the Next System Somewhere around the Warp point.
What Happened to that New(?) Race??

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 05:17:43 AM »
Aurora is not Starfire, it is a seperate game so adding the races using J drives etc would make no sense and have potential legal difficulties.
 Aurora Jump drive tech does work similar to the Jc jump drives in that ships appear at a random point near the Jump point (you can increase the distance by increasing the tech).

Raliguns are Kinetic weapons and the other features of Starfire Kinetic weapons don't make sense in Aurora, the other tech from that supplement also seems a poor fit for Aurora.

I don't keep up with starfire any more but I don't think the latest version uses the same time line any more and had a fairly different tech system anyway, so I don't think anyone is implementing the old 3rd edition supplements anyway. Except for the people who still play 3rd edition starfire 

Offline Tor Cha (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 06:13:30 AM »
K thanks