Author Topic: Changes to boarding and Alien Intel  (Read 1294 times)

Offline SgtVennamo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
Changes to boarding and Alien Intel
« on: January 23, 2017, 04:42:27 AM »
Hi,

After playing around with boarding I noticed couple of illogicalities with it. 
First is about boarding a vessel belonging to a neutral race.  It is not considered a hostile act, which means you can board all the vessels of a neutral race without any repercussions.  Personally I feel that boarding a vessel should constitute an act of war, or at least deteriorate relations significantly.
Second is that capturing a vessel doesn't give class design info on Alien Intel screen.  If you're in possession of an alien craft I think one can get all that info, maybe after scrapping it.
Third is that the remaining crew of an alien vessel transforms into your own population instead of alien POWs.  I'd like to see the alien crew as POWs and marines capturing the vessel being tied to it until it gets to home base/fleet.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Changes to boarding and Alien Intel
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 06:29:26 AM »
After playing around with boarding I noticed couple of illogicalities with it. 
First is about boarding a vessel belonging to a neutral race.  It is not considered a hostile act, which means you can board all the vessels of a neutral race without any repercussions.
It actually does count as a hostile act. The rating of how close you are is your opinion of them. While you may see yourself as not their enemies, they may see you as a major threat.
Second is that capturing a vessel doesn't give class design info on Alien Intel screen.  If you're in possession of an alien craft I think one can get all that info, maybe after scrapping it.
This is a good point. The intelligence/diplomacy screen always was a bit lacking. Hopefully Steve gets around to adjusting things once C# Aurora comes out.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 07:11:37 AM »
Steve has asked that people put suggestions like this in the "official" suggestion thread - Steve uses it as a "filing cabinet"; if suggestions are scattered throughout many threads he can't keep track of them.  Ditto for bugs.  New user questions should go in The Academy.

For more, see the "where should I post" thread in FAQ.

Have fun!
John

Offline SgtVennamo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 10:46:03 AM »
Quote from: sloanjh link=topic=9349.  msg100748#msg100748 date=1485177097
Steve has asked that people put suggestions like this in the "official" suggestion thread - Steve uses it as a "filing cabinet"; if suggestions are scattered throughout many threads he can't keep track of them.    Ditto for bugs.    New user questions should go in The Academy. 

For more, see the "where should I post" thread in FAQ. 

Have fun!
John

Will do, thanks.   
Could you remove this thread?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 05:55:42 AM »
Will do, thanks.   
Could you remove this thread?

Better yet, I'll move it to the Academy :)

John

The following users thanked this post: SgtVennamo