Author Topic: v2.2.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v2.2.1 Bugs Thread
« on: November 27, 2023, 09:11:30 AM »
Please post potential bugs in this thread for v2.2.1

First, please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v2.2.1

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number
The complete error text
The window affected
What you were doing at the time
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 12:02:23 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline jatzi

• Petty Officer
  • j
Re: v2.2.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 10:55:34 AM »
I'm noticing in the governor tab for colonies whenever I click automated assignment or whatever it doesn't stick. Like it'll be fine but if I close the window and reopen it it's defaulted back to manual assignment or no commander required. And as such new governors aren't being assigned automatically when someone dies and they're not being rotated around either, if they're supposed to be.

EDIT: I've just noticed in the 2.2.1 changes thread this has been fixed but I'm using 2.2.1 and I'm still having the issue
EDIT2: I had downloaded the game from the 2.2.0 installation thread after it said it had 2.2.1 included. I reinstalled 2.2.1 using the separate specific patch and the governor thing went away. Super weird but all good! Sorry for this

SJW: No problem. There was an earlier v2.2.1 with just the Commander fix. I should have numbered the next patch as v2.2.2.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 04:27:49 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 12:42:44 PM »
Event: 'cannot unload colonists from one species at population of a different species'

but the population is zero, this is the first colonist delivery... albeit of Species 2.0

This is a 2.2.0 game patched to 2.2.1  This issue appeared before and after the patch
playing as Aliens in a non-Sol start, Random stars.

Easy to reproduce: load geneticaly modified colonists onto ship and transport to brand new colony.
probably something to do with species at a colony being chosen when the colony is claimed rather than when they are dropped off.

Edit: I see I get to choose the species if I Create colony in the fleet window but not in the system window...

SJW: Not a bug. Only one species per population allowed. On system window, Species is top right.

Edit: Ah, Thats how it works, Thanks.  Any chance the event message could also tell us which ship had the unloading problem.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 10:16:00 AM by stabliser »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 05:05:49 PM »
Still not 100% sure it was identified as a bug or not, but since it has been mentioned multiple times, is it possible for civilians to do not spawn mining colonies when the civilians are turned off, please?

SJW: Civilian Mining Colonies are unaffected by Shipping Lines being turned off.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 04:21:53 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Indefatigable

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 06:02:26 PM »
Colonists loaded in Ark Modules orbiting a colony

- they don't show up as colony population
- there is no internal ark population growth with space available

Tested previous version (2.1.1): orbital population works, no ark growth

SJW: Fixed, but will require a database update release.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 06:22:55 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 07:54:28 PM »
Fixes
  • Ground units now deleted correctly when parent colony is deleted.

Does not appear to work. Ground units at a deleted colony still show up in the Order of Battle when the Location checkbox is unchecked.

SJW: Cannot reproduce.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 06:34:15 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 09:57:02 PM »
After developing TN tech in a conventional start game, I did not automatically obtain Duranium armor. Was that feature intentionally removed? It is still referenced in the Aurora changes table of contents.

SJW: Working as intended. You need to research it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 03:51:56 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 10:01:10 PM »
After developing TN tech in a conventional start game, I did not automatically obtain Duranium armor. Was that feature intentionally removed? It is still referenced in the Aurora changes table of contents.

This has not been the case for a while, at least since several grades of conventional armor were added.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 10:28:57 PM »
Continuing to play around with the new toys...

Bug: "Refit To" cost fraction is displayed incorrectly. In the Class Design window, Priorities / Misc tab, the "Refit To" section of the central panel shows the cost as a percentage of the new class cost. These should be shown as a percentage of the current class cost, since that is what influences whether shipyards can build both classes.

It looks like the "Refit From" section is showing the cost fraction relative to the current class cost. I'm not sure if this is the intention, or if these two sections got their logic flipped by accident. I would think the latter, since the refit cost as a fraction of the original class cost is usually more important to the player.

SJW: Working as Intended, but modified to add extra function. See replies below.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 10:54:21 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 11:00:56 PM »
Bug: Ground formation completion dates are given incorrectly.

Economics window, GU Training tab. See the attached image showing that my ground units under construction will be completed in just 10 days (start date is 1 Jan 4000). For reference, my total ground unit build rate is 2,500, so at 10% of this or 250 BP/year a mechanized infantry brigade will take 2.5 years.

I believe the likely cause is that the Completion Date is calculated by dividing by the allocation percentage instead of dividing, or alternatively the integer value of allocated percent is being used instead of the percentage value. Unfortunately, since there is no way to change the allocated percentage of a task (this seems like an oversight...) I cannot test to find out which is the case.

SJW: Bug fixed for v2.2.2. Noted on lack of Modify option
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 06:38:06 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2023, 04:34:02 AM »

Bug: "Refit To" cost fraction is displayed incorrectly. In the Class Design window, Priorities / Misc tab, the "Refit To" section of the central panel shows the cost as a percentage of the new class cost. These should be shown as a percentage of the current class cost, since that is what influences whether shipyards can build both classes.

It looks like the "Refit From" section is showing the cost fraction relative to the current class cost. I'm not sure if this is the intention, or if these two sections got their logic flipped by accident. I would think the latter, since the refit cost as a fraction of the original class cost is usually more important to the player.

Eligibility for refit is based on size, not cost.

The reason the 'refit to' cost is based on the new class is because the intended comparison is between building a new ship or refitting an old one.

Same logic for the 'refit from' cost. Cost comparison between building a new ship or refitting an old one.

I'll add some text to the window so the logic is clear.

The following users thanked this post: Snoman314, Cristo

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2023, 09:09:46 AM »

Eligibility for refit is based on size, not cost.

The reason the 'refit to' cost is based on the new class is because the intended comparison is between building a new ship or refitting an old one.

Same logic for the 'refit from' cost. Cost comparison between building a new ship or refitting an old one.

I'll add some text to the window so the logic is clear.

Fair enough. For me, it would be more useful to know if I can build two classes from the same shipyard, but since the raw BP cost is also shown I can work this out for myself.  :)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2023, 10:53:52 AM »
Fair enough. For me, it would be more useful to know if I can build two classes from the same shipyard, but since the raw BP cost is also shown I can work this out for myself.  :)

I've updated the section to show both sets of information.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13346.msg166321#msg166321

The following users thanked this post: BAGrimm, nuclearslurpee

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2023, 12:36:24 PM »
My current game seems to be stuck with an endless loop of:

Function #1954: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Function #1943
Function #478

I managed to save the db, advancing time in two 5 day increments should replicate the issue. Unfortunately it seems as if the save has been rendered unplayable.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 02:33:25 PM by Desdinova »

Online Impassive

• Gold Supporter
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2023, 06:21:28 PM »
In my current game on v2.2.1 I set the field position using the new GU organisation tab, however when constructed they don't remember them.

SJW: Fixed for v2.2.2
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 07:29:32 AM by Steve Walmsley »