Author Topic: Task Force, move to population  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Haji (OP)

• Captain
Task Force, move to population
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »
Greetings

I have a question: how does "move to pupulation" works in the case of the task forces? I wanted to create new one in a colonised system but I can only make them on Earth. I have discovered "improved command and control" tech and I have built level 1 Sector HQ in a system I want to make this TF in.

(Note: I assume using SpaceMaster would help, but I'd rather have "proper" way of doing this.)

On a related note (as this is the problem that spawned a question) when I move shipyard to another system and I want to build a ship, the only task groups I can send new construction to are somwhere else, ie, there is no "shipyard TG" assigned to the new construction site. And I can't create a shipyard TG for the new construction site, becouse all new task groups are located at Sol. Long story short: how one sets up new Shipyard TG for new shipyard locations?

(Note: I'm pretty sure I could just sent a random ship to the planet and assign all new construction to it, but, again, this is workaround. If this is how it's supposed to work, I will do it of course.)

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Task Force, move to population
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 01:57:09 AM »
When you create a new TF/TG, they are empty (obviously). Basicly, they are bureaucratic placeholders. It is perfectly all right to move those placeholders where you want them to be.
Once you have allocated officers and ships, things are a bit different.

If you want to truely roleplay moving your TF commander and his staff around, you have to build a ship with a flag bridge. Then you can move the officers to that flag bridge, fly over to whatever system/planet you want them to be and drop them off there.

As for creating a TG in another system:
Enter SM mode.
Create a new task group
Go to the History/Officers/Misc tab
Set the position of the task group to the system/planet your shipyard is.
Done

Again, the TG is only a placeholder until the first ship is allocated.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Haji (OP)

• Captain
Re: Task Force, move to population
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:25:19 AM »
Thank you very much for the answer.