Author Topic: Suggestion: Ability to turn infrastructure back into trade good  (Read 381 times)

Offline subvironic (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • s
When I'm done terra forming Mars, I usually end up with 10s of thousands of infrastructure, which is nice to have for sure, but I'm usually just shipping out a "Starting Package" to Colonies and forget about it.   

Now, infra is made by civilians and shipped to where demand is, which feels natural enough and they do a pretty good job at this.   
Add to this a button and ability to turn over an amount of infrastructure to the civilians and let them sort it out by demand.   
Also useful for LG Infra, which is in high demand, but made much slower by civilians because LG Colonies tend to grow slower.    Would let the player just build LG Infra, hand it over, and civilian companies carry it to where the demand is.   
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 01:22:29 PM by subvironic »

The following users thanked this post: Sparkles546

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Suggestion: Ability to turn infrastructure back into trade good
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 05:22:22 PM »
Pretty good idea - it could easily be explained as the government selling surplus material to the civilian market.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 09:27:22 AM »
You can just make installation movement contracts. Only difference is they cost money, instead of generating it.

Offline subvironic (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 01:23:05 PM »
Quote from: Zap0 link=topic=13473. msg168507#msg168507 date=1707060442
You can just make installation movement contracts.  Only difference is they cost money, instead of generating it.

That is true and what I use, but with the infra as a trade good, the civilians carry it to places with demand automatically, which is very nice when Ou have multiple colony sites growing organically.