Author Topic: Recent Forum Changes  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Recent Forum Changes
« on: June 16, 2009, 05:42:46 PM »
I appreciate the effort Erik is putting into the forum but I am learning about the forum changes from the Features thread, just like everyone else, and I was a little concerned about possible mixed messages. I have no plans to use the bug tracker at the moment as the Bugs thread works very well so please continue to post in that thread.  Also, I don't know how long the donate button has been on the forums but it is something I was completely unaware of until I spotted it today, so please don't assume any donations are going to me or even that I am asking for any. Adverts seems like a reasonable idea although I wasn't involved in the decision to add them.

I would like to generate some income from Aurora at some point so I can spend more time on it. This will probably take the form of rulebooks and/or novels, both of which are optional although the former will make understanding the game easier for new players. I am still several months away from that at the moment though as my focus is the software, which will remain free. I hadn't considered advertising on here until I saw the banners but it doesn't seem too intrusive so I have emailed Erik to discuss it.  

Steve

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Recent Forum Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 02:01:36 PM »
Any donations will be for hosting costs. Any and all donations are voluntary. I'm not going to shut down the site if no one donates. Anything over the costs of hosting, I'll discuss with Steve as to what should be done with those funds.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 07:47:01 PM »
I can safely say that I wasn't worried this was going to turn into some kind of pay per view forum  :shock:  :wink:

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 10:15:35 PM »
The ones you should see most (at the top) are for Aurora. The bottom are an affiliate link for my hosting provider and a free tool for IT geeks.