Author Topic: Transhumanism Mod?  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Ace009 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
Transhumanism Mod?
« on: September 25, 2018, 04:48:18 PM »
So. . . . I just sent a message to Steve earlier regarding the possibility of a concept I had for Aurora4x and thought about the genetic engineering mechanics, telling myself: "If only there were also cyborgs, AI and digital copies" and also how I can overhaul the gene-editing mechanics of the game.  That being said, I wonder if it is a good idea to introduce those technologies at various points throughout the game.  Say, we have cyborgs, and gene-edited people early in the game, then the mid-game features the rise of semi-sapient AI, and digital copies of your citizens and the late-game sees all the sapient AI (the Singularity in other words) happen. 

So, could this be possible? And if so, is it a good idea? I am asking for the sake of knowing BEFORE I even begin to mod the game. 

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Transhumanism Mod?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 06:01:56 PM »
I've replied to your PM.

There isn't a way to modify the code in the game, so the changes you are suggesting aren't possible. You can modify the database if you have the password, but changing the database without really understanding it has a very high chance of corrupting the game and causing a lot of bugs. Even then, you can't add new types of technology.

Offline Ace009 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
Re: Transhumanism Mod?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 07:19:13 PM »
*shatters into a million tiny pieces of glass*

https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s