Author Topic: New Weapon Idea.  (Read 7200 times)

Offline iceball3

• Captain
Re: New Weapon Idea.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 10:22:28 AM »
Last i checked, Final Defensive Fire should be able to hit even on the instantaneous range, or at least CIWS should. I'd need to re test it, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 01:08:05 PM »
Pretty sure that final fire will still attack even if you fire from within ciws range.

Its a strong tactic against enemies who use lots of amms because they wont get a shot off. But its quite important to have separate fire controls for each launcher so that if regular beam ships try to engage them, they cant shoot down all the missiles.

Also bring a few different kinds of ammo, armored ones, ecm ones. Even have loaded the launchers with amm mines for defense before. Major drawback though is the slow rof of large launchers. (I like size 16 and 8, because with rof4 tech thats a 2min and 1 min reload)

Perhaps though with that testing 1 of the guys is doing with laser warheads and ciws, laser heads might be an option aswell.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 01:49:43 PM »
Oooh, i forgot about laser warheads! Actually, i think if fired within instantaneous hit range, laser tipped missiles may be completely uncounterable by point defense. Interestingly,the max range for its use like this is roughly the same as the best laser engagement ranges, if more accurate. It is interesting how that works out, huh?

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 05:22:50 PM »
all the sudden I think I am going to make a allahu akbar fighter with a 64 dam warhead torpedo.  thanks for the idea
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.