Author Topic: Using ChatGPT for roleplaying in Aurora!!  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Using ChatGPT for roleplaying in Aurora!!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2023, 09:21:47 PM »
I finally learnt how to use it and set the background you placed. Things go well and the russians colonized Titan while the Martians discovered the Sorium Harvester making a solar system crisis.

Suddenly chatgpt said that new factions were raising in the different nations, one of them was an AI that wanted to join all the humanity under the same banner... its banner!

Hahaha.. was great. It has infinite possibilities and I am thinking about my next game. I'm not sure if I am going to make a multi-nation in which I will have a chat for each nation (as recommended previously) or a single nation where I will simulate the politics and each chat for a faction...

Yes, you need to try it and then tweak it to your playstyle. For instance, you could have more dice, or set some parameters not only for war but also peace and so on. The best way is to have a word file with the prompt that works well and definitely just do some runs without playing to see what random stuff out of the ordinary you get so that you can fix these things too. It will never be perfect but it's good fun.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2023, 04:36:46 PM »
I am having some more fun by adding a cabinet or any other entity to this setup. I have included below a standard conversation just for you to evaluate the possibilities. Again, thanks to Aurora setup, we could have add all traits for our race, traits for our characters, and all other little things that would help to organically make this interesting and perhaps enough "realistic" in terms of results. I am planning to integrate Chat GPT to my government simulator somehow. It would just require time that I don't have now  ;D ;D ;D

Puny Human
I would like to roleplay a ministry cabinet

ChatGPT
Certainly! Roleplaying as a ministry cabinet can be an interesting and educational exercise. To get started, let's establish some key details:

Setting: Are we roleplaying a specific country, or would you like to create a fictional one? If we're using a real country, please specify which one.

Ministry Roles: Let's decide on the various ministries and their respective roles within the cabinet. Common ministries include Foreign Affairs, Finance, Health, Education, Defense, and more. You can also create unique ministries if you'd like.

Issues and Challenges: What are the current issues and challenges that your cabinet will be facing? These could be domestic or international issues, economic concerns, social problems, or anything else you'd like to address.

Cabinet Members: Who are the members of your cabinet? You can create fictional characters with specific roles and backgrounds or use real-world examples.

Once we have these details, we can begin the roleplay by discussing policies, making decisions, and addressing the challenges facing your ministry cabinet. Feel free to provide more information to get started!

Puny Human
We are roleplaying a fictional country, where the world has been united under one banner. We will have 1 President, and 5 ministries. The president decision is always taken considering all ministry opinions. The president is cautious personality, yet driven. The ministry are the ministry of science, the ministry of war, the ministry of economics, the ministry of social development, and the ministry of transportation.

ChatGPT
Great! Let's begin our roleplay in this fictional world where the entire planet is united under one banner. Here are the key details:

Cabinet Members:
President (Cautious yet Driven)
Ministry of Science
Ministry of War
Ministry of Economics
Ministry of Social Development
Ministry of Transportation
Setting the Scene

It's a crucial meeting at the Cabinet Room. The President has called for a discussion on a pressing matter that affects the entire nation. The topic on the agenda today is the allocation of resources for a significant project that will impact science, war, economics, social development, and transportation in your unified world.

The President opens the meeting, "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining me today. We are at a crossroads where we need to make a pivotal decision regarding resource allocation for this project. It's essential that we consider all ministries' perspectives to ensure the success of this endeavor. Let's hear from each ministry on how they believe these resources should be allocated."

Ministry of Science

The Minister of Science stands and begins, "Mr. President, allocating a significant portion of the resources to the Ministry of Science will allow us to accelerate our technological advancements. This will not only bolster our economy but also provide us with the means to address various societal challenges more effectively. Investing in research and innovation should be our top priority."

Ministry of War

The Minister of War follows, "Mr. President, security is paramount. We need to allocate a substantial part of the resources to modernize our defense capabilities. A strong military ensures our national security and will act as a deterrent to any potential threats. Our world may be united, but we must be prepared."

Ministry of Economics

The Minister of Economics speaks next, "Mr. President, a balanced approach is crucial. While investments in science and defense are essential, we must not overlook our economic stability. Allocating resources for infrastructure development, trade, and job creation will promote prosperity and maintain our global standing as an economic powerhouse."

Ministry of Social Development

The Minister of Social Development states, "Mr. President, our people are the heart of this nation. We must prioritize their well-being by investing in healthcare, education, and social programs. A strong and healthy population is the foundation of our unity and success. Let's allocate resources to uplift the quality of life for all citizens."

Ministry of Transportation

The Minister of Transportation concludes, "Mr. President, a well-connected nation is a thriving one. We need to allocate resources to improve and expand our transportation infrastructure, ensuring efficient movement of goods and people. This will not only boost our economy but also enhance social cohesion."

The President listens carefully to each ministry's input, considering the viewpoints presented. As a cautious yet driven leader, the President understands the importance of balance in resource allocation. The decision now rests in the hands of the President, taking into account the advice and perspectives of all the ministries. What will the President decide?

Puny Human
I would like you to be the president

ChatGPT
Certainly! As the President of this unified world, I carefully consider the perspectives presented by each ministry. I appreciate the valuable insights shared by the Ministry of Science, the Ministry of War, the Ministry of Economics, the Ministry of Social Development, and the Ministry of Transportation.

In making this decision, I believe in a balanced and holistic approach that prioritizes the well-being and prosperity of our people while ensuring our security and global competitiveness. Therefore, I propose the following resource allocation plan:

Science and Innovation: We will allocate a significant portion of resources to the Ministry of Science to accelerate research and technological advancements. This will foster innovation, drive economic growth, and enable us to address pressing societal challenges more effectively.

National Security: While we prioritize science, we also recognize the importance of national security. The Ministry of War will receive resources to modernize our defense capabilities, ensuring our nation's safety and stability.

Economic Stability: To maintain our economic prowess, we will allocate resources for infrastructure development, trade expansion, and job creation. The Ministry of Economics will spearhead these efforts, keeping our economy robust and competitive on the global stage.

Social Well-being: The Ministry of Social Development will receive resources to invest in healthcare, education, and social programs. This commitment to our citizens' well-being ensures a strong and healthy population, promoting unity and prosperity.

Transportation Infrastructure: Lastly, we will invest in improving and expanding our transportation infrastructure. The Ministry of Transportation will lead this initiative, enhancing connectivity, trade efficiency, and overall social cohesion.

This balanced approach takes into account the unique roles and responsibilities of each ministry, fostering unity and progress in our unified world. It's my hope that this resource allocation plan will lead to a brighter future for all our citizens. Thank you for your counsel, and let's move forward with this vision for our world.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 04:40:16 PM by Froggiest1982 »

Offline Velociranga

• Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2023, 01:00:46 AM »
This looks fascinating, I am very keen to see how you would integrate chat gpt into your government simulator.

You've inspired me to use chat gpt as a virtual assistant for my on aurora game.  Once I get around to working out your government simulator, I will definitely be using it in conjunction with chat gpt. 

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2023, 09:13:14 AM »
I have tried to use Chat GPT (the 4.0 what's more) for a sci-fi RPG, but I tend to see trends. It's always a bit of the middle road with it, with not that weird results or impromptu events.

For example for the cabinet thing you are running, I doubt it will at any time dare to throw a monkey wrench, it will remain somehow competent but previsible.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023, 12:54:10 PM »
I have tried to use Chat GPT (the 4.0 what's more) for a sci-fi RPG, but I tend to see trends. It's always a bit of the middle road with it, with not that weird results or impromptu events.

For example for the cabinet thing you are running, I doubt it will at any time dare to throw a monkey wrench, it will remain somehow competent but previsible.
Yeah I've dabbled in it. It is not creative, everything is super derivative and it likes to play it very safe. There are ways around this depending on your prompts, but I see it mostly as a tool to help get the creative juices going rather then creating content from scratch.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2023, 01:59:59 PM »

Yeah I've dabbled in it. It is not creative, everything is super derivative and it likes to play it very safe. There are ways around this depending on your prompts, but I see it mostly as a tool to help get the creative juices going rather then creating content from scratch.

Yes, especially with the latest update, the prompts do not work anymore, and need to be tweaked to be more generic. Furthermore, the cabinet is better only as name generator and enrich contents a bit. Overall, the best usage is as event generator. I do from time to time ask for an updated timeline of events along with status of the nations to prompt them in a new chat, because it loses the plot after a series of events.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 05:33:13 PM »

Yes, especially with the latest update, the prompts do not work anymore, and need to be tweaked to be more generic. Furthermore, the cabinet is better only as name generator and enrich contents a bit. Overall, the best usage is as event generator. I do from time to time ask for an updated timeline of events along with status of the nations to prompt them in a new chat, because it loses the plot after a series of events.
I'm curious how twitter/x's new Grok AI would work. Based on some examples it seems to be less filtered out so maybe worth trying. I believe you have to be a twitter blue subscriber though.