Author Topic: Civilian Shipping Line behaviours... too many ships!  (Read 1294 times)

Offline jseah (OP)

• Captain
  • j
Civilian Shipping Line behaviours... too many ships!
« on: December 25, 2010, 05:45:55 PM »
Is it because I've been subsidizing them too much?  One shipping line is fine, they launch ~10 ships a year.  Four is good, it expands at the pace I need to move stuff around. 
But they're growing like mushrooms.  I'm starting to get new lines every two years or so. 

At current count:
9 shipping lines.  Owning ~650 ships in total. 

In year 19 of the game.  No NPRs, swarm or precursors encountered, invaders turned off.  So it's been 19.5 years of peaceful pure expansion. 
Been using the civvies to move everything as much as possible to save fuel.  Haven't had to build any refineries due to this. 

It's gotten so bad that I cannot look at my home system.  It takes 2 minutes to load the system map there unless I zoom in massively.  And then it still takes a long time when I look at the busiest portions. 

Please don't say shoot them.  I could but that would be "Bad for Business".  The colonist shipping industry is keeping me in the black.  (so far in the black that I cannot spend enough actually, but without it, I'm in the red)
 - It's keeping me in the black because I've designated a terraformed world in the home system as a destination for colonists and all mass drivers.  Trying to make an industrial planet so my home planet can expand research while that one makes the naval ships. 
 - It's not all bad though.  I love being able to designate "demand construction factory x200" and have it done in less than two weeks. 

Do civ. shipping expand as the others do well?  Because if they do, that kinda explains why.  The biggest shipping line has 200k wealth and 240 ships. >.>

Offline Anarade Relle

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • A
Re: Civilian Shipping Line behaviours... too many ships!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 08:45:41 PM »
Under the "sensors" tab you should find the option to view only "hostile" contacts.  Or something like that.  The short of it is that with that option you can set the game not to show you the civie ships.  That should fix your problem.

Offline jseah (OP)

• Captain
  • j
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 12:06:07 AM »
Found it!  Thanks. 

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 09:20:50 AM »
However, in another 20 years, likely with around 2k ships, it will seriously strain your processing power just to move them.