Author Topic: Carrier Operations Tutorial  (Read 27822 times)

Offline Adseria

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Carrier Operations Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 04:50:02 PM »
As a new player, I would like to say that this was extremely useful, not just for organising carriers (I'm only quite early in my 1st game, so I don't actually have any carriers, just a couple of PDCs with hangars), but also for learning how to use the organisation window in general. It seems extremely complex, and I'm having a bit of trouble working it out, but I've done some experimenting with test branches to work out basics like moving branches around etc, and I can see how it would be extremely useful, especially when I finally start getting a decent fleet that has more than half a dozen ships. Your explanations were really succinct and to-the-point, and I think that, combined with the other bits and pieces I can find, It will be really helpful.

As a side note, I don't suppose you'd be willing to do this kind of step-by-step tutorial for the org window in general, rather than carriers specifically? The way you explain things makes it easy to work out what's going on, and labelled pics work in a way that nothing else can XD
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 04:53:19 PM by Adseria »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 10:43:12 PM »
Thanks for the writeup.  I've set up a carrier with two scout fighters in one wing, and a jump scout fighter in another.  How do I launch only one wing (or only one fighter) without launching the others?   I can use the "release all" command from the individual ship menu then issue land command with the naval organization chart you describe to land all but the one fighter I wanted to launch, but is there a way to launch only one fighter to start with? 

Edit: I found the answer.  Double-click on the parasite within the task group window.  On the right hand side of the individual unit page is the individual unit spage is a paraship menu is a parasite menu where you can launch just that ship.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:26:08 PM by bankshot »

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 08:22:16 AM »
Thanks for the writeup.  I've set up a carrier with two scout fighters in one wing, and a jump scout fighter in another.  How do I launch only one wing (or only one fighter) without launching the others?   I can use the "release all" command from the individual ship menu then issue land command with the naval organization chart you describe to land all but the one fighter I wanted to launch, but is there a way to launch only one fighter to start with? 

Edit: I found the answer.  Double-click on the parasite within the task group window.  On the right hand side of the individual unit page is the individual unit spage is a paraship menu is a parasite menu where you can launch just that ship.
To launch wing you should just create task force from naval organization chart with Branch only (you need to have different wings in separate branches obviously). This works because parasites in different task groups are automatically kicked out of their mothership.

As you found out for single ship you can double click it or you can select the ship and create task force from naval org chart with ship only selection.