Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 83595 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2011, 02:44:46 AM »

Never gotten that error before, I've only explored 4 systems and there is not a single wormhole in any of them.

It may not necessarily be caused by you. Could be Invaders, Swarm, Precursors or an NPR.

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 03:11:54 AM »
Well, duh it isn't caused by me :P

I'm wondering why it happens, I've never gotten it before.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 05:12:40 AM »
Because wormholes and their errors are new.

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 06:33:20 AM »
Interesting situation.

This ship design
Code: [Select]
Enterprise class Frigate    5,000 tons     551 Crew     878 BP      TCS 100  TH 90  EM 240
1800 km/s    JR 4-50     Armour 2-26     Shields 8-300     Sensors 18/18/0/0     Damage Control Rating 4     PPV 15
Maint Life 3.41 Years     MSP 439    AFR 50%    IFR 0.7%    1YR 57    5YR 861    Max Repair 272 MSP

J7500(4-50) Military Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 7500 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 4
Saeder Propulsion ION Drive (3)    Power 60    Fuel Use 80%    Signature 30    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 150,000 Litres    Range 67.5 billion km   (434 days at full power)
Gamma R300/16 Shields (4)   Total Fuel Cost  64 Litres per day

Particle Beam-2 (3)    Range 60,000km     TS: 4000 km/s     Power 5-3    ROF 10        2 2 2 2 2 2 0 0 0 0
Hauptman Arms M32-4 FC (1)    Max Range: 64,000 km   TS: 4000 km/s     84 69 53 37 22 6 0 0 0 0
Krupp Power Systems C-18 Plant (1)     Total Power Output 18    Armour 0    Exp 5%

Kirlian Systems Mk 1 Search Scanner (1)     GPS 10500     Range 63.0m km    Resolution 100
Kirlian Systems T18 M-Class (1)     Sensitivity 18     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  18m km
Kirlian Systems EM18 M-Class (1)     Sensitivity 18     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  18m km

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
regenerated 69120 pts of shields.

You did a 30 day time increment with shields on so it listed the points generated by them in that time period. Since it doesn't look like it went over your shields maximum its just guilty of being perhaps too accurate.

Offline Thibaut

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 04:50:30 PM »
I'll second 2 of the above reported oddities.

Geologists doesn't seem to train anymore.
And Jumpengine cooldown seems to be very long (> 6H)

I selected a game with penalties to inexperienced fleets, can there be a causality ?

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 05:19:56 PM »
My civilian owned colony ships are apparently on strike.  They've been sitting in orbit over Earth for over two years even though I've had a colony on Mars with less than two million population and enough infrastructure for ten million.  Is there something new I need to do in 5.5 that I didn't need to do in 5.4.  I remember them working overtime in 5.4, but now they just sit there and have not moved once.

Adam.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2011, 05:27:55 PM »
Consider this a "me too" for geologists not gaining skill points.

I am not going to try on a planet.

My civilian owned colony ships are apparently on strike.  They've been sitting in orbit over Earth for over two years even though I've had a colony on Mars with less than two million population and enough infrastructure for ten million.  Is there something new I need to do in 5.5 that I didn't need to do in 5.4.  I remember them working overtime in 5.4, but now they just sit there and have not moved once.

Adam.

I noted that the first shipping line emerged on game start, which is a nice change.  I also have noted that the first freighter is not transporting freight, but a second line has not yet emerged, so I don't know if its a general problem or a specific problem.

EDIT:  The destination of the homeworld is a good catch.  I will update and edit if I note the freighters decide to move.  I'm not sure why they werent.  

Edit Edit:  Yes, the transport can be stalled early game if you have no population source.  Folks is flowing now.  The freighters were'nt moving because they were waiting for jobs as per the changes in civilian transport.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:56:14 PM by Thiosk »

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »
Missile speeds are being set to the Task Groups current speed setting. This is easy to test, just get into a fight and vary your speed settings. Only seems to affect them for movement, to-hit calculations seem to be using the correct speed.

EDIT: This does not seem to affect NPR empires.

UPDATE: Further experimentation shows that this is only a display issue, and the missiles actually move at their correct speeds. Their displayed speed is based on the slowest TF in the system as far as I can see.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:46:41 PM by Elouda »

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2011, 05:48:16 PM »
My civilian owned colony ships are apparently on strike.  They've been sitting in orbit over Earth for over two years even though I've had a colony on Mars with less than two million population and enough infrastructure for ten million.  Is there something new I need to do in 5.5 that I didn't need to do in 5.4.  I remember them working overtime in 5.4, but now they just sit there and have not moved once.

Adam.

On standard start, it appears the homeworld is set to "Destination of Colonists".  Flip that to source, and they go (just found that two minutes ago myself)

Offline Sloshmonger

• S
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »
double poastin:

On the F12 Fleet screen, you can now move ships between fleets not in the same location.
Example: I can move PDCs between Earth and Mars with no errors.

Don't know yet if this applies on fleets in separate systems.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2011, 06:24:11 PM »
On the F12 Fleet screen, you can now move ships between fleets not in the same location.
Example: I can move PDCs between Earth and Mars with no errors.

Don't know yet if this applies on fleets in separate systems.

One always could, with SM mode on.  Or are you saying you can do it now without SM mode?

Offline Sloshmonger

• S
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »
One always could, with SM mode on.  Or are you saying you can do it now without SM mode?
This is why one shouldn't double post.

Yeah, turned SM off and 'bug' gone.

My bad.

Offline user-unknown

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »
New poster but have lurked for a while!  Not really the first thing I planned to post but thought I would help out with a few things I have noticed in 5.   51 :)

1.    Jump drives seem to have an extremely long delay after jumping before they can be used again - when my survey ships are jumping across multiple system in a route, eg.    to refuel at Earth, I get a jump drive delay warning seemingly for every jump they make.     Once one has occured, trying to make another 30 day turn gets interrupted after 6 hours with the same message, but then seems to be ok.   

2.    The list of available scientists does not refresh if the research panel is open when a new one is given to you.     Refresh All does not seem to show it either - you have to close the window and open it agin for them to be displayed.   

3.    I am occasionally getting a graphics issue where the right hand third of the screen in the system map is just not displayed.     It is as if there is just a blue rectangle the same shade as the background on top of the map image which cuts off orbit paths, text, etc.     This only seems to happen if you minimise the application and then reopen it, but once it has happened there seems to be no way of getting rid of it apart from closing the entire application and reopening.     Closing/refreshing the system map, changing systems etc.    doesn't help.     (interestingly, while this is happening nebula systems appear to be unaffected and display properly).     I am guessing the workaround for this is 'don't minimise the game' ;)

4.    I appear to have just come across a system where two NPRs are blowing pieces off each other.     While this is happening, almost every 5 sec turn I am getting the following error (sometimes multiple times per turn):
Code: [Select]
Error in ApplyShapedDamage

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/viewforum.php?f=11
I think this may be being caused by a beam weapon?  I have seen a number of missile explosions in the system during the combat, but whenever this error is displayed, there don't seem to be any except occasional power system secondary explosions.   
Unfortunately this means I cannot stick it on auto turn and let it run through their combat, as it stops whenever an error is displayed.   
EDIT: I think one of the races involved was the swarm as I just sent a scout over to investigate and one of them has the 336/100 sensor that I think the mother normally has?

5.    As the post three above this has mentioned, Earth now seems to be set as destination for colonists by default.     Current game hasn't got very far yet in so not sure if this is the case for all colonies >25mill inhabitants.   
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:07:07 PM by user-unknown »

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2011, 09:19:49 PM »
On standard start, it appears the homeworld is set to "Destination of Colonists".  Flip that to source, and they go (just found that two minutes ago myself)
Sweet.  Thanks.

Adam.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2011, 02:34:01 AM »
You can reset the jump problem by deleting all orders and then enter them again, atleast to the next jumppoint is reached... :-\
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...