Author Topic: Portable release - comments  (Read 47289 times)

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Portable release - comments
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2015, 01:17:33 PM »
I have no idea what the cause of the issue is, but...
I get weird issues when I use this, like all of the asteroids in Sol bunching up together in a straight line from the sun outwards and then rotating and other absolutely bizarre things,[...]
...I want a screenshot. :)
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2015, 06:49:44 AM »
I get weird issues when I use this, like all of the asteroids in Sol bunching up together in a straight line from the sun outwards and then rotating.  

I remember seeing this in one of my games or reading about it in a post.  Vaguely recall it had something to do with one of the setting for asteroid motion.

Now that I think of it, it might have been in a bug report a couple of years ago and Steve fixed the issue.  Not sure - I think it was a couple of years ago.

Are you sure you're installing the current version and not an old one?

John

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2015, 02:44:15 PM »
Released wrapper 1.3.

• Recompiled wrapper. It will trigger less false AV warnings.
  • Included new flag pack by nadia911.
  • Retested package on freshly installed Windows 7/8.1 - It still work correctly.

Offline Mysterius

• Petty Officer
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2015, 05:11:07 AM »
Thanks for this release mate, it's awesome !
Quote from: Atlantia
Quote from: Person012345
The commission of the first Dwarf class mining ship. 

I hope it menaces with spikes of Duranium and is adorned with hanging rings of Corbomite!

Offline RevReese

• Leading Rate
  • R
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2015, 02:34:07 AM »
Hi! Firstly thank you for making this awesome portable release!.   
I am having a problem running the game though.   

Upon installing correctly and running using the wrapper, the game interface loads, sadly i get this error followed by a CTD when I click ok:

"Run-time error 339:  Component COMCTL32. OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

There are other 339 errors if I click on a different menu, some of them load up fine, others bring up the error (though occasionally it's a different . OCX file).   

I tried reinstalling a number of times, running as Admin, even dropping the . OCX files into my System32 folder but still the same error.   

I have also installed and updated the normal way previously with the same errors (though I made sure to uninstall it before installing this version).

Can anyone help me out, I have been watching so many tutorials and LP's of this and really want to play it!.   

Thank you for your time!.   
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:40:48 AM by RevReese »

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2015, 04:03:57 AM »
what OS are you using?

Offline RevReese

• Leading Rate
  • R
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »
Sorry it completely slipped my mind! I am on Win7 64 bit.   

EDIT: I installed this package on an XP SP3 laptop and it runs perfectly so the problem is my PC, just not sure what exactly is the problem. 
If anyone could offer any possible solutions for the problem as i do not want to run it on my work laptop (too many distractions  ;D). 

I created a new thread so as to not clutter this one (probably should have done that first, but this seemed the best place for my post).

hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=7876. 0

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:07:42 PM by RevReese »

newguy123

« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2015, 12:28:27 PM »
Hi.  I have been trying to install this game off and on for months.  I keep running into the same issues.  Currently the issue is a bug in which Stevefire. mdb is either opened exclusively by another user (there are no other users) or I require permission to access it, followed by a bunch of variable not set errors (likely because the database isn't being read - those errors shouldn't appear if the process is aborted when the file is not accessed).

I clicked on the database, which is in the aurora folder, and it requests a password to open.  Is the program not giving the database the password when it starts up?

I am on Windows XP, and am the administrator account.  I am using this launcher.  I can't remember if I tried this as well last year with a windows 8 computer or not, but if I did, I eventually gave up due to the various failures to launch.  Thought I 'd try again though, and here I am.  thanks or your help.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2015, 04:17:30 PM »
The program knows the password. I would say this sounds like a Program Files issue except that shouldn't be the case on XP.   Are you running an antivirus? It may be blocking Aurora.

Make sure you are using the wrapper exe and not the aurora exe.

newguy123

« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2015, 06:59:40 AM »
could be an antivirus issue.  I was using the wrapper, and I have it installed in desktop.  I have Comodo and Avira on this computer and am relatively concerned about removing them because this computer was used extensively before it was given me.  It was used by children who hada ndency to acquire viruses like kids do at school.  If I remove either or both antiviruses, the whole thing might teeter over the brink into oblivion.  Or not.  I'll see if I can't figure out how to disable them or allow aurora, but they have been stubborn in the past.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2015, 11:19:45 AM »
Remove both and use Windows Security Essentials / Windows Defender instead. It's free and just as reliable, if not more. Plus not as intrusive to end user.

Ruji

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2015, 03:59:19 PM »
I'm also getting

"Run-time error 339:  Component COMCTL32.  OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

when trying to access the System Map.

OS is Windows 10 64bit.  If I run without the wrapper it works, if I run without the wrapper as admin - same error.  Unfortunately I can't run the wrapper without admin privileges.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2015, 09:14:39 AM »
Patch 7.0 release when ?? :P
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2015, 09:33:42 AM »
It just did yesterday. Unless you mean v7.0 portable/full, then probably after a hotfix or two that may come in the next week.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2015, 10:18:57 AM »
It just did yesterday. Unless you mean v7.0 portable/full, then probably after a hotfix or two that may come in the next week.

Of course i meant Portable 7.0 :>
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."