Author Topic: Easiest way to transport minerals between systems?  (Read 1508 times)

Offline bringit133 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • b
Easiest way to transport minerals between systems?
« on: September 29, 2011, 10:26:06 PM »
I rely on mass drivers for transportation of my minerals between planets as it is by far the least micro-intensive way.   However since mass drivers wont shoot their 5000ton pellets of mass extinction through jump gates, I would like to know what the easiest way to get minerals from system A to system B is.  The way I have been doing it is setting my cargo fleet on a long process of going through jump points and getting minerals and pressing repeat on their orders however the amount of orders errors my game so I have to micro them a lot.  Is it possible to get the civilian sector to do it some how?

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
Re: Easiest way to transport minerals between systems?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:33:06 PM »
In the task group orders screen there's a "cycle" check box, use that. It loops the orders so that the task group will perform them repeatedly. Just remember to include a refuel order in there so your cargo ship doesn't run out of juice in the middle of a system somewhere.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Easiest way to transport minerals between systems?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:33:54 PM »
I rely on mass drivers for transportation of my minerals between planets as it is by far the least micro-intensive way.   However since mass drivers wont shoot their 5000ton pellets of mass extinction through jump gates, I would like to know what the easiest way to get minerals from system A to system B is.  The way I have been doing it is setting my cargo fleet on a long process of going through jump points and getting minerals and pressing repeat on their orders however the amount of orders errors my game so I have to micro them a lot.  Is it possible to get the civilian sector to do it some how?

Use mass drivers to send minerals close to the JP. Have freighters pick up, transit, drop off, refuel. Then click "cycle". Should eliminate errors, and automate your mineral movement.